West Georgia Hall-of-Famer QB Clements, pair of returnees assigned to Vipers
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Tennessee Valley Vipers have been assigned three players by arenafootball2, two who were solid contributors late last season and another who'll be making his second stop in Huntsville.
Returning to join the Vipers for training camp in March will be former North Alabama defensive end Kem Oti and Jackson State lineman Calvin Ousby, while ex-West Georgia quarterback Jeremy Clements also will report.
"Jeremy played a great couple of years for me in Germany after attending camp with the Vipers in 2002 and went on to play some solid seasons in the indoor leagues,'' Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos said. "There will be a great competition in camp at the quarterback position.
"Ousby came on board last year and showed us that he's not only a big man (at 6-foot-5, 315 pounds), but that he is a great athlete. He should be a tremendous force on offense. Oti will get a shot at defensive end. He's a great physical talent."
Clements (6-foot-1, 210 pounds) is coming off an impressive National Indoor Football League career and was recently named to the West Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. He threw for 6,804 yards and 64 touchdowns for the Braves from 1998-2000, was a two-time All-American and was the '98 Gulf South Conference Player of the Year.
Oti (6-2, 265) played in three late games for the Vipers last season, finishing with 5.5 tackles and one forced fumble. The former Lee High star played in 13 career games for UNA, recording 18 tackles, 1.5 sacks and one forced fumble.
Ousby (6-5, 315) had a tackle in a pair of late games for the Vipers last season after spending three years as a starter on the offensive line at Jackson State.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from January 11, 2007
- Wildcats Forming 2007 Roster - South Georgia Wildcats
- Laredo Lobos add three more to roster - Laredo Lobos
- West Georgia Hall-of-Famer QB Clements, pair of returnees assigned to Vipers - Alabama Vipers
- Shock sign international player Cheng - Spokane Shock
- Thunder Announce Radio Broadcast Deal - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Fort Wayne Fusion name McCaffrey GM - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Manchester Wolves To Host First-Ever Fan Jam Tonight - Manchester Wolves