Wenatchee Valley Venom Join Indoor Football League
(Wenatchee, WA - September 12, 2010) The Wenatchee Valley Venom Professional Indoor Football Team announced today they will play in the Indoor Football League (IFL) beginning with the 2011 season. The Venom organization was unanimously accepted into the IFL by their Board of Directors earlier this month.
The IFL - a merger between the Intense Football League and United Indoor Football League - enters its third year with a national footprint of just under 30 teams. The Venom will join the Kennewick-based Tri-Cities Fever, Kent Predators, Fairbanks Grizzlies, and two-time defending league champion Billings Outlaws in the Pacific North Division. Division alignment for the Venom was determined during league meetings this week in Chicago, and the 14-game schedule that begins in February and runs through early June 2011 is slated to be available by November 2010.
Although the IFL is only in its third year, most of the teams have been operating for five or more years. After a successful first season resulting in 8-6 record that included a season-ending six game winning streak and a 6-1 home record, the Venom will celebrate its second year of professional indoor football at Town Toyota Center when the 2011 IFL season begins.
"We are opening a new chapter for the fans and sponsors of the Wenatchee Valley Venom," says Team President Kyle Skalisky. "We have a committed ownership group and are ready to build on the success of last season. It' an exciting time to be Venom fan!-
"We look forward to meeting and working with our new business partners in the IFL, and we anxiously anticipate building an intense in-state rivalry with Tri-Cities and Kent, matching the fierce intensity of competition with Fairbanks that Wenatchee fans are accustomed, and competing with such a storied franchise as Billings," continues Skalisky.
"We are proud to welcome the Wenatchee Valley Venom to our established league," says IFL Commissioner Tommy Benizio. "In our continuing efforts to add strong playing partners, the IFL considers the addition of the Venom as a great success. Wenatchee Valley is a great fit both in geography and quality of operation."
The public is invited to a press conference on September 30 at 10 am at Town Toyota Center in Wenatchee to hear more details about the 2011 season. Fans interested in reserving season tickets may contact the Venom Office at 509-88- VENOM (888-3666) or email [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from September 13, 2010
- Saterfield Signs for 2011 - Sioux Falls Storm
- Wild Things Dance Tryouts Set - Wichita Wild
- Blizzard Schedule Make-Up Tryout - Green Bay Blizzard
- Spartans to Sign Autographs at Kids Expo 2010 - La Crosse Spartans
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Join Indoor Football League - Wenatchee Valley Venom
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Simpkins on Packer Practice Squad - Green Bay Blizzard
Other Recent Wenatchee Valley Venom Stories
- Former Washington State QB Rogers Not Giving Up Dream
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Strengthen Defense, Receiver Corps
- Venom signs former Idaho Vandals star Woolridge
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Releases 2011 Indoor Football League Schedule
- Goodman, Soward Among 9 Players Signed By Wenatchee Valley Venom