Weekly: Penguins Look to Carry Momentum from Comeback into Upcoming Divisional Games
Wednesday, Mar. 6 - PENGUINS 1 vs. Lehigh Valley 3
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton met a Keystone State rival for a midweek match-up that unfortunately went the other team's way. The Phantoms scored once in each period en route to the 3-1 win. Adam Johnson scored the Pens' lone goal, his 17th of the season.
Friday, Mar. 8 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Hartford 3 (SO)
The Penguins and Wolf Pack played a thrilling contest that led to a jaw-dropping overtime period, but after 65 minutes of breakneck action, the game was still tied. Bobby Butler scored the lone goal of the shootout, granting Hartford the win. Ethan Prow recorded a man advantage marker in the third period to tie the game.
Saturday, Mar. 9 - PENGUINS 4 vs. Syracuse 3 (OT)
The Penguins started slow, but barnstormed the Crunch in the third period to come back and ultimately win in overtime. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton tallied twice on the power play in the third period to force the extra frame, and then received the game-winner from rookie Sam Miletic 94 seconds into OT.
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, Mar. 13 - PENGUINS at Lehigh Valley
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton gets another crack at Lehigh Valley this Wednesday, except this time, the contest will be on the Phantoms' turf. The Penguins won both of their previous visits to PPL Center this season, scoring 12 goals in those two games.
Saturday, Mar. 16 - PENGUINS vs. Providence
The Penguins' annual St. Patrick's Day game will be an important one, as they face-off against one of the teams ahead of them in the Atlantic playoff hunt, the Providence Bruins. Providence's Paul Carey has six goals and eight points in his last five games.
Sunday, Mar. 16 - PENGUINS vs. Toronto
Toronto makes its only visit to NEPA this season to close out a three-in-three weekend. The Marlies are in their own battle for the playoffs in the North Division, currently in third place.
- Ethan Prow is third among AHL defenseman in goals (17), second in power play goals (9) and tied for fourth in points (43).
- The Penguins' last five power play goals have all come in the third period and tied the game in all of their respective contests.
- Jimmy Hayes' two-point game on Saturday earned him his 100th AHL point.
- Tristan Jarry is one of two goalies with a save percentage above .910 that has yet to record a shutout (Anton Forsberg).
- The Penguins' five overtime game-winning goals this season have come from five different players; Kevin Czuczman, Ethan Prow, Teddy Blueger, Adam Johnson and Sam Miletic.
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Wed, Mar. 13 Lehigh Valley PPL Center 7:05 p.m.
Sat, Mar. 16 Providence Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Mar. 17 Toronto Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Mon, Mar. 11 (C) Joseph Blandisi Recalled by PIT
Mon, Mar. 11 (C) Trevor Yates Recalled from WHL
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 12, 2019
- Rau, Wild Down Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Reign Add Justin Baudry on ATO - Ontario Reign
- 'Canes Recall Fleury from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Weekly: Busy Home Stretch Ahead Amid Playoff Push - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? March 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Rockford, Head Back to Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 23 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Week-Long Road Swing Continues Wednesday in Hershey - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ads to Host 8,000 Kids Wednesday for 10:30 Am Start - Milwaukee Admirals
- Weekly: Penguins Look to Carry Momentum from Comeback into Upcoming Divisional Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Announce Garret Sparks Bobblehead Night - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins and MOS to Host Fourth Annual College Sports Scribes Experience - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Recall Macoy Erkamps from Wheeling
- Weekly: Penguins Rolling with First Win Streak of Season
- Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils