Weekend Preview: Games 26 & 27 vs. San Antonio Rampage
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
Friday, December 6th- 7:00 PST- Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
Saturday, December 7th- 7:00 PST- Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
Radio: CIVL RADIO 101.7FM
*Pre-Game Show begins 15 minutes prior puck-drop
Abbotsford, BC - The Heat's six game home stand continues this weekend against the San Antonio Rampage (AHL affiliate of the Florida Panthers) with a doubleheader set at the Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre (AESC). Abbotsford will look to bounce back after losing consecutive games against the Utica Comets (AHL affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks) last weekend. It marked only the second time all season that the Heat lost two games in a row, although Saturday night's game was an overtime loss. Through 25 games this season, the Heat have not lost two games in a row in regulation.
The Heat still remain in first place in the AHL with a 17-6-1-1 record and have registered at least a point in eight of their last 10 games.
RAMPAGE @ HEAT
Friday and Saturday night will mark the third and fourth visit from San Antonio to the AESC. Their last trip to Abbotsford was just over a month ago, with the Heat winning both games. The Heat currently lead the season series 2-0.
As of Thursday afternoon, the Rampage currently sit in 10th place in the Western Conference with a record of 10-10-0-2 and are 5-5 in their last 10 games. They have played once already this week on Wednesday, losing to the Iowa Wild 5-4 in a shootout. They are led offensively by rookie centre Vincent Trocheck, who has 19 points (10-9-19) and currently sits tied for third in AHL rookie scoring. The Rampage carry a number of recognizable veterans, including Ryan Whitney, Jed Ortmeyer, Joey Crabb, Greg Zanon, and Bobby Butler. Between the five they have 1,617 games of NHL experience under their belt.
The Rampage have also gone through quite the change since their last time in the Fraser Valley. Just days after leaving the AESC in early November, Rampage Head Coach Peter Horachek was announced as the interim Head Coach of the Florida Panthers after Kevin Dineen was relieved of his duties. Tom Rowe has since taken over the Rampage behind the bench, after previously coaching in the KHL with Yaroslavl Lokomotiv.
2013-14 Heat head to head stats vs. San Antonio Rampage:
11/06/13- ABB 3 SA 2 S/O @ Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
11/05/13- ABB 2 SA 1 @ Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
Individual leaders in season series:
ABB: Granlund: 2 points (1-1-2), Hanowski: 1 point (1-0-1), Street: 1 point (1-0-1), Ortio (23/24 saves, 1 win)
SA: Robak: 3 points (0-3-3), Butler: 1 point (1-0-1), Lee: 1 point (1-0-1), Grumet-Morris (22/24 saves, 1 loss)
NEWS & NOTES
Friday's game will feature the annual Teddy Bear Toss, benefitting the Abbotsford Christmas Bureau. Fans looking to attend the December 6th Teddy Bear Toss should go to http://www.abbotsfordcentre.ca/promo and enter the promo code FOOD. A portion of the proceeds from all tickets purchased using this promo code will be donated to the Abbotsford Christmas Bureau. Please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328).
On Monday, Heat forward Ben Street was announced as the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November. Street topped the AHL in goals (11) and points (19) last month. Street becomes the first player in Abbotsford Heat franchise history to win the honour.
Defenseman James Martin was assigned to the Alaska Aces on Tuesday. He appeared in two games with the Heat last weekend and recorded two penalty minutes.
Heat forward Markus Granlund enters this weekend on a seven game point streak. He has recorded 8 points (3-5-8) during the streak.
Brandon Astle and Vanni De Bartolo will bring all live Heat action this weekend on 101.7 CIVL FM and on www.teamradio.ca. The pre-game show begins 15 minutes before puck drop.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2013
- Monsters Top Toronto 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Come Back, Defeat Rockford in Overtime - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Lose Lead, Game in Overtime to Charlotte - Rockford IceHogs
- Comets in the Community: St. Luke's Healthcare Visit - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Recalls Forwards Etem and Steckel - Norfolk Admirals
- Flames Recall Lane MacDermid from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekend Preview - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Weekend Preview: Games 26 & 27 vs. San Antonio Rampage - Abbotsford Heat
- Griffins to Ring Bells for Salvation Army on Monday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- More Players Added to Amerks-Sabres Alumni Game Lineup at Frozen Frontier - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Mini Banner Giveaway Highlights Three-Game Home Set - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Texas Stars Release Allen York from PTO - Texas Stars
- Bears Recall Michal Cajkovsky from Reading - Hershey Bears
- Pirates to Collect Food Donations in December - Portland Pirates
- Bulldogs Recall Duffy, Sign Zurevinski to 25-Game PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Families to Sell Team Autographed Ornaments Saturday to Benefit Baystate Children's Hospital - Springfield Falcons
- Piskula Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Post-Christmas Tickets Available Saturday - St. John's IceCaps
- Chicago Wolves Honored for Best Team Introductions - Chicago Wolves
- Sabres Recall Defenseman Brayden McNabb from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Hit the Lanes for 4th Annual Pens & Pins Charity Bowling Tournament - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Defenseman Brett Flemming Reassigned to Hershey Bears - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Wey from Hershey, Re-Assign Strachan to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack's Kantor: from Ranger Fan to Ranger Prospect - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Clipped by Iowa in Shootout, 5-4 - San Antonio Rampage