Weekend Preview: Capitols Open Season in Pittsburgh
The Capitols open the 2022-23 season on Thursday evening outside of Pittsburgh as part of the 2022 DICK'S Sporting Goods USHL Fall Classic. Madison will compete in two regular season games at the UMPC Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry Township, PA.
The games will be the first for the reigning Eastern Conference Champions as they look to defend their title and search for the team's first Clark Cup.
Thursday, Madison opens the season against the Tri-City Storm. This is the second consecutive season that the Capitols will face off against the Storm in the Fall Classic. Last season, the Caps earned a point in an overtime loss against Tri-City. A lot of roster changes have been made since the second game of 2021-22 as only six players that played against Tri-City are on Madison's current roster.
On Friday, the Capitols will conclude their time at the Fall Classic this season when they face off against Fargo. These two teams have not met since November of 2019, which was a pair of wins for the Force.
Puck drop on both nights is scheduled for 7:30 pm CT at UMPC: FedEx Rink 1. Coverage can be found on FloSports with updates on our social media.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from September 21, 2022
- Weekend Preview: Capitols Open Season in Pittsburgh - Madison Capitols
- Fighting Saints Announce 2022-23 Captains - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Bucs Arena at Merle Hay Mall Still on Target for 2023-2024 Open - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Bucs Home Opener Moved to MidAmerican Energy Company RecPlex - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Fargo Force Release 2022-23 Roster - Fargo Force
- $16.50 Campaign Starts Saturday - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Fargo Force at 2022 NHL Development Camps - Fargo Force
- Lumberjacks Set to Kick off 2022-23 Season with a Solid Group of Returning Players - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stampede Announce 2022-23 Season Roster - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Lumberjacks Welcome New Equipment Manager Kyle Wagner - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Teddy Spitznagel Commits to the University of Michigan - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Steel Head to Fall Classic to Begin Regular Season - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.