Wahl Joins Abbotsford Heat
Forward Mitch Wahl has been signed to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement by the Abbotsford Heat, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Calgary Flames. Wahl was Calgary's second round pick in 2008.
Wahl recently finished his fourth season with Spokane with 30 goals and 96 points, sixth in the WHL. He sits third all-time in Chiefs history for career assists with 186 and climbed up to 14th with 98 goals and sixth with 284 points on the franchise's all-time list. In October, Wahl signed a three-year-entry level contract with the Flames. Wahl also played 44 career playoff games. He is eighth in franchise history in scoring in the post-season with 12 goals and 25 assists. He was also named as one of the organizations Top 25 Chiefs in 25 Years and earned WHL Western Conference First Team All-Star honors.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 2, 2010
- Blades Fall to Wheat Kings - Saskatoon Blades
- Hitmen take series lead over Tigers - Calgary Hitmen
- Wahl Joins Abbotsford Heat - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Announce Radio Broadcast Schedule For Second Round - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Playoff Hockey Live On SHAW: Friday, April 2 - Medicine Hat Tigers at Calgary Hitmen - WHL
- Beach Assigned To Rockford - Spokane Chiefs
- Wheat Kings Anxious To Start - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Pick up Point But Drop Game in Shootout Loss to Americans
- Update on Chiefs Forward Cordel Larson
- Smith's Two Goals Not Enough as Chiefs' Winning Streak Snapped
- Larson, Gabruch Leading Charge for Chiefs in Classroom
- Balanced Attack Leads Chiefs to 8-3 Win over Tri-City