Volpe, Brito Soar over Birds
Anthony Volpe homered, doubled, and drove in three runs and Jhony Brito pitched six shutout innings as the Hudson Valley Renegades powered past the Aberdeen IronBirds, 8-0, on Wednesday night in Maryland.
The Gades have outscored Aberdeen 27-1 through the first two games of the series. They've outhit the Birds, 31-7.
Volpe's double in the third drove in a run and Jake Sanford hit a two-run homer to help open a 4-0 lead. Volpe homered in the fourth as Hudson Valley added more offense.
In the meantime, Brito cruised through six innings, allowing three hits and a walk while striking out 10. He picked up the win to even his record at 4-4. Alexander Vizcaino and Nick Ernst closed out the night on the mound.
James Nelson and Kyle MacDonald had three hits each for the Renegades.
Ignacio Feliz (0-1) took the loss for Aberdeen.
The teams continue the series on Thursday night.
Per the State of New York, the Renegades are now open at 100% capacity. Tickets continue to be a tremendous value starting as low as $6. Visit HVRenegades.com for ticket information and so much more.
Follow the Renegades on Social Media and listen to the "Renegades Weekly" Podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from July 21, 2021
- Volpe, Brito Soar over Birds - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Dash Flash Bats in Sixth, Thwart BlueClaws 10-4 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Tourists Drop Second Straight to the Crawdads - Asheville Tourists
- Cyclones Rally Late for 5-3 Win over Wilmington - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Drive Hold Off Grasshoppers For 5-3 Win - Greenville Drive
- Hot Rods Walk-Off Braves 4-3 in Ninth-Straight Win on Wednesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (July 21) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Greenville Drive Announce Commitment to Red Sox "B United" Initiative - Greenville Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.