Volcanoes Fall 10-7 in Extras After 3 Straight Homers
In the bottom of the second inning, Beicker Mendoza hit a two-run double to right center field that scores Tyler Wyatt and Harrison Freed and it gives the Volcanoes an early 2-0 lead.
In the bottom of the fourth, after Eugene takes a 3-2 lead, Chris Corbett hits a single into left field that scores Kwan Adkins and ties the game up at 3.
In the bottom of the eighth inning, after Eugene increased their lead to 6-3, Adkins hits a solo home run over the right center field wall to make it a 6-4 Eugene lead.
The next batter, Freed, hits a solo home run of his own in right center field to cut the lead 6-5.
The very next batter, Mendoza, hits a solo home run into dead center field that ties the game at 6.
The Volcanoes will play the Emeralds in the final game of the regular season as Travis Perry will take the mound against Eugene's Richard Gallardo. Then they are off to the playoffs.
Be sure to join them tomorrow September 2 for Family Day and Playoff tickets available now.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 2, 2019
- C's Swept in Season Finale; Fall 3-1 to Everett - Vancouver Canadians
- Monday's Game to Air on Alt 102.3FM at 3:45PM - Hillsboro Hops
- Volcanoes Fall 10-7 in Extras After 3 Straight Homers - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Hawks Collect Quality Innings in 6-4 Win over Hops - Boise Hawks
- Hops Fall 6-4 in Boise - Hillsboro Hops
- Tri-City Drops Penultimate Regular Season Game - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salem-Keizer Volcanoes Stories
- 5,000+ Sign Fan Petition for Volcanoes to Stay
- Volcanoes' Cancer Awareness Tradition to Continue
- Northwest League Postpones Start of 2020 Season
- Volcanoes Stadium to Host Drive-In Fireworks
- Volcanoes to Donate $5,000 in Tickets to Raise Funds for Local Food Banks