Volcanoes Avoid Eugene Comeback in 11-Inning Win 4-3
In the top of the fifth inning, Abdiel Layer hits a ground rule double down the left field line that scores Luis Toribio and it gives the Volcanoes an early 1-0 lead.
The next batter, Kwan Adkins hits a double down the right field line that scores Tyler Flores and Layer to increase the lead to 3-0.
In the top of the eleventh inning, Jairo Pomares will score on a wild pitch to give the Volcanoes back the lead 4-3.
The Volcanoes will look to sweep Eugene as Conner Nurse will take the mound.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Volcanoes Avoid Eugene Comeback in 11-Inning Win 4-3 - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Indians Complete Sweep of AquaSox in Home Finale - Spokane Indians
- Nelson, Cruz, January Fuel Hillsboro to Series Win - Hillsboro Hops
- Ems Break Attendance Record, Fall in Extras - Eugene Emeralds
- Hops Shutout Hawks 6-0 in Final Game of the Series - Boise Hawks
- AquaSox Eliminated from Playoff Race - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salem-Keizer Volcanoes Stories
- 5,000+ Sign Fan Petition for Volcanoes to Stay
- Volcanoes' Cancer Awareness Tradition to Continue
- Northwest League Postpones Start of 2020 Season
- Volcanoes Stadium to Host Drive-In Fireworks
- Volcanoes to Donate $5,000 in Tickets to Raise Funds for Local Food Banks