Hops Shutout Hawks 6-0 in Final Game of the Series
HILLSBORO, OR - In the final of a three-game series, the Hillsboro Hops (Short Season A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks) shutout the Boise Hawks (Short Season A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies) 6-0 Friday night.
The offense for Hillsboro got cooking in the bottom of the fourth inning when Ryan January smashed his fifth double of the season out to center field that scored two runs.
Within the bottom of the sixth inning, with runners at first and third, an attempted pickoff throw towards first put Dominic Canzone into a pickle but then Liover Peguero approached home plate and scored successfully during the debacle. Later in the inning, Kevin Lachance lifted a sacrifice fly to plate Canzone and make it 4-0 Hops.
In the bottom of the seventh, Andy Yerzy singled on a ball to second but then a Boise throwing error scored a run and gave Hillsboro a 5-0 advantage.
During the bottom of the eighth, with runners at first and third, Canzone advanced home off a wild pitch and lifted Hillsboro to a 6-0 shutout win.
The Hawks will travel back to the Treasure Valley to face off against the Hops in a three-game series to conclude the season.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Volcanoes Avoid Eugene Comeback in 11-Inning Win 4-3 - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Indians Complete Sweep of AquaSox in Home Finale - Spokane Indians
- Nelson, Cruz, January Fuel Hillsboro to Series Win - Hillsboro Hops
- Ems Break Attendance Record, Fall in Extras - Eugene Emeralds
- Hops Shutout Hawks 6-0 in Final Game of the Series - Boise Hawks
- AquaSox Eliminated from Playoff Race - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.