Victor Roache Named FSL Player of the Week
VIERA, Fla. - The Florida State League announced on Monday that Brevard County Manatees outfielder Victor Roache was named the league's player of the week for the period of July 7-13.
In six games last week, Roache hit .381 (8-for-21) with three home runs, which was tied for the most in the FSL. Roache also scored three runs and drove in three runs. He led the league in total bases (18), slugging percentage (.857) and OPS (1.292).
Roache tallied three multi-hit games, all of which came in three straight contests from July 8-11. On July 8 against the Lakeland Flying Tigers, Roache recorded his second multi-home run game of the season. He delivered a mammoth solo blast that cleared the berm in left in the fifth inning and another solo shot that landed on the berm in the seventh.
On July 13, Roache cranked his third home run of the week in a 7-5 Manatees win over the Charlotte Stone Crabs.
The 22-year-old from Ypsilanti, Mich. was selected by the Milwaukee Brewers in the first round (28th overall) of the 2012 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft out of Georgia Southern University.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from July 14, 2014
- Almora's Performance Too Much for Jupiter - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Threshers Swept in Lee's Last Rehab Start - Clearwater Threshers
- Shibuya Deals, Miracle Sweep Blue Jays at the Bill - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Monday's Brevard County/Charlotte Game Cancelled - Brevard County Manatees
- Miguel Sulbaran Named FSL Pitcher of the Week - Tampa Yankees
- LHP Miguel Sulbaran Named FSL Pitcher of the Week - Tampa Yankees
- Florida State League Names Player and Pitcher of the Week - FSL
- Victor Roache Named FSL Player of the Week - Brevard County Manatees
- Magnifico Turns Stone Crabs Away - Charlotte Stone Crabs