Vernon Adams Jr. Named Player of the Week
Montreal - The Canadian Football League announced Wednesday that quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. was named amongst the league's players of the week.
The 28-year-old, Pasadena, CA native, completed 18 of his 23 attempts for 288 yards and four touchdowns (tying his career high) leading the Alouettes to a convincing 51-29 victory over the Ottawa REDBLACKS last Friday. The pivot distributed the ball well as two of his receivers (Jake Wieneke;188 and Eugene Lewis; 120) amassed more than 100 receiving yards.
Adams Jr. also registered 35 rushing yards on seven carries.
The Alouettes will be back in action on Saturday, September 18, at Percival-Molson Memorial Stadium against the B.C. Lions.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 8, 2021
- 17th Annual Banjo Bowl Presented by Casinos of Winnipeg Sold Out - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- RedBlacks to Host 500 Frontline Workers at Games this Season - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Brandon Alexander Named CFL Top Performer for Week 5 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Vernon Adams Jr. Named Player of the Week - Montreal Alouettes
- Harris, Adams and Alexander named CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Blue Bombers Add Ducre - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.