Two big innings propel Broncos past Aces
Laredo, Texas - June 13, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces lost another heart-breaker Friday night as the Laredo Broncos won 7-5 at Veterans Field. Blake Butler broke the scoreless tie in the top of the third when Blake Butler hit a bases-loaded double down the left-field line scoring both Bryan Sabatella and Robert Matlock to give the Aces a 2-0 lead. In the top of the sixth, the Aces added three more runs. Selwyn Langaigne led the inning off by hitting his fourth home run of the year. After Patrick O'Sullivan singled, Palmer Karr Jr. hit his sixth homer of the year to give the Aces a 5-1 lead. The Broncos then came back with three runs of their own in the bottom of the sixth. Three straight RBI singles by Arnoldo Pnoce, Ben Tinius and Matt Lawman that pulled the Broncos within one, 5-4. In the seventh, Laredo scored three again. The Broncos scored again on three RBI singles. This time it was Luany Sanchez, Ponce, and Lawman with the run-scoring hits. The Aces come back to Bringhurst Field Saturday to take on the first-place Amarillo Dillas for a three-game series. Game time is 7:05 PM
Next home game: Saturday June 14th vs. Amarillo. Coushatta Casino & Resort Night with Pen and Pencil Holders.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 13, 2008
- Dillas score early again, take series from Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Two big innings propel Broncos past Aces - Alexandria Aces
- Broncos Rally Late to Take Series from Aces - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes Dominate Wings Early - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Big First by Coyotes Sinks Wings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Aranda Out Due To Injury - Edinburg Roadrunners
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th