Tulsa Acquires Guard Rasual Butler
TULSA, Okla., January 18, 2013 - The Tulsa 66ers, proud affiliate of the Oklahoma City Thunder, announced Friday that they have acquired guard Rasual Butler.
Drafted by the Miami Heat in 2002, Butler brings 11 years of NBA experience to Tulsa, averaging 8.2 points, 2.6 rebounds and 23.4 minutes over his career. The La Salle University product has averaged over 10 points a game in three different seasons.
He has seen action in 638 NBA games (263 starts) with the Heat, Hornets, Clippers, Bulls and Raptors. Butler spent two seasons in Oklahoma City while a member of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets in the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons.
Most recently a member of the Toronto Raptors in 2011-12, Butler averaged 3.2 points and 1.9 rebounds in 34 games (14 starts).
He is expected to be in uniform when Tulsa hosts the Austin Toros tonight at 7:00 at the SpiritBank Event Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2013
- Armor Rally Past Charge - Canton Charge
- Vipers Top Bighorns 106-85 - Earn Top Spot in the Central Division - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bighorns Dropped by Vipers - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Center Hilton Armstrong - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Ground Energy in 110-105 Win - Maine Red Claws
- Names of Fans Affected by Cancer Woven into Jerseys - Idaho Stampede
- Miami Re-Assigns Dexter Pittman to NBA D-League Affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Tulsa Acquires Guard Rasual Butler - Tulsa 66ers
- BayHawks Fly Past Stampede Late - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.