Trio of Wolves Gives Iowa the Edge over Blue
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (5-5) outscored the Oklahoma City Blue (3-5) 41-30 in the final quarter of play to defeat the visiting team 124-115 Monday night at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Wolves have now won three of their last four contests, dating back to Tuesday night.
A trio of players from the home team guided Iowa to its latest win, including a game-high 25-point performance from Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Jaylen Nowell. The second-round draft pick has now scored at least 20 points in five of his last six outings.
Barry Brown Jr. and Jordan Murphy each recorded season-highs in the win, producing 23 and 19 points respectively. Each player finished 9-of-14 from the field in the win.
Murphy also grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds for his third double-double of the season.
As a team the Wolves shot 50.5% from the field and are now 2-1 in games when shooting better than 50.0% as a team.
Two-way guard Jordan McLaughlin came up big down the stretch for Iowa, scoring 14 of his 16 total points in the fourth quarter.
Two-way player Luguentz Dort put up a team-high 24 points to go along with nine rebounds for the Blue. Only eight players saw action tonight for an injury-plagued Oklahoma City team.
Iowa hits the road for a two-game stint, beginning on Saturday with a 7:00 p.m. matchup against the Austin Spurs.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Trio of Wolves Gives Iowa the Edge over Blue - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Hold on at Home against Rio Grande Valley - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Vipers Fall Short to Mad Ants - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Dusty Hannahs Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs to Host Season of Giving, Spurs Affiliate and Ugly Holiday Sweater Night - Austin Spurs
- College Park Skyhawks Transfer Brandon Goodwin to Atlanta Hawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars' Three-Game Homestand Begins Tonight - Salt Lake City Stars
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Maine Red Claws
- Jason March Named NBA G League Coach of the Month - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Suspended Game Between Iowa Wolves and Memphis Hustle Rescheduled for March 15
- Trio of Wolves Gives Iowa the Edge over Blue
- Timberwolves Recall Naz Reid from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Wolves Fail to Fend off Kings, Drop First Road Contest of Season
- Wolves Ride Red Hot Start to Victory over Warriors