Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Month
PORTLAND, Maine - December 2, 2019 - The NBA G League announced today that Maine Red Claws guard Tremont Waters has been named NBA G League Player of the Month for November 2019. Waters becomes just the second Red Claws player to earn Player of the Month honors, and the first since Jordan Mickey in December 2015.
Waters, a Two-Way Player with the Red Claws, helped lead Maine to a 7-2 record in November, 1st place in the Atlantic Division and the 3rd best overall record in the league. The Red Claws are 7-0 with Waters in the lineup. In 7 games, Waters has averaged 22.3 points, 3.0 rebounds, 7.7 assists and 1.9 steals per game. He recorded Maine's only 30-point performance of the season on Nov. 27, scoring 33 in a record-setting 155-131 win over Greensboro.
Waters was the 51st overall selection by Boston in the 2019 NBA Draft, signing a Two-Way Contract with the Celtics over the summer. He made his NBA debut in Boston's win over Sacramento on Nov. 25.
Waters was also named NBA G League Player of the Week for the week ending Nov. 24.
The Red Claws return to action on Thursday, Dec. 5 at home against the Wisconsin Herd. Tickets are on sale now by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Trio of Wolves Gives Iowa the Edge over Blue - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Hold on at Home against Rio Grande Valley - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Vipers Fall Short to Mad Ants - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Dusty Hannahs Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs to Host Season of Giving, Spurs Affiliate and Ugly Holiday Sweater Night - Austin Spurs
- College Park Skyhawks Transfer Brandon Goodwin to Atlanta Hawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars' Three-Game Homestand Begins Tonight - Salt Lake City Stars
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Maine Red Claws
- Jason March Named NBA G League Coach of the Month - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.