Tricky Tulsa Takes out 'Blades in Physical Affair
TULSA, OK - Devin Williams earned a 26-save shutout while Garrett Ladd scored twice and added an assist to lead the Tulsa Oilers (22-22-3-6, 53 pts) to a 3-0 win over the Florida Everblades (34-11-1-4, 73 pts) Saturday night at the BOK Center.
Much like the previous night's affair between the two teams, the game would feature some great goaltending from both sides as Everblades' goaltender Tyler Parks and Tulsa's Devin Williams. The lone highlight of the first period would be a fight between Keegan Kanzig and Tulsa's Kale Kessy.
Moving into the second period, the goaltenders would once again dominate the action. However, unlike the opening period, the middle frame would not remain a scoreless one.
Garrett Ladd would give the Oilers a 1-0 lead with a shorthanded marker. Conner Bleackley delivered a pass down the ice to Ladd, who took off on a breakaway attempt. Ripping a quick shot from the slot, Bleackley's shot took a Tulsa bounce as it hit off the glove of Tyler Parks and just trickled into the back of the net.
In the third period, Garrett Ladd needed less than 30-seconds to double the Oilers lead to 2-0. Dan DeSalvo got the puck down to Ladd in the attacking zone. Ladd fired a wicked slap shot that would go right past the blocker of Tyler Parks and high into the net.
Moments later, Charlie Sampair gave Tulsa total control over the contest. Sampair managed to corral the puck at the blue line and move towards the right wing circle. Sampair sent the puck on wrist shot right past Tyler Parks and into the net.
Devin Williams was absolutely perfect in goal for Tulsa and earns the shutout victory after stopping each of the 26 shots he faced. Tyler Parks played strong in goal during his debut for the Florida Everblades, but does suffer the loss after allowing three goals on 40 shots.
The Florida Everblades will finish off the western swing of their road trip tomorrow night as they take on the Kansas City Mavericks at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Puck drop is scheduled for 5:05 p.m. Eastern Time. Fans can catch the game broadcast on WJBX News, Talk & More on 101.5-FM.104.3-FM, 770-AM or. Fans can also watch the game online at ECHL.TV
Upcoming Home Games
Friday, February 23, vs. Orlando, 7:30 p.m. Kids eat free in the Breakaway Sports Pub with the purchase of an adult entree! All-you-can-eat bottomless popcorn all night long!
Saturday, February 24, vs. Jacksonville, 7:00 p.m. Canadian Night presented by TD Bank. Tailgate party from 5-7 p.m. featuring live music and bounce houses for the kids.
Wednesday, February 28, vs. Jacksonville, 7:30 p.m. $2 Wednesday! Fans can enjoy $2 hot dogs, $2 draft beers and $2 wines all night long in the concourse! College students receive a $5 tickets with valid college ID.
Purchase Single Game Tickets at the Florida Community Bank Box Office located at Germain Arena, or online via Ticketmaster
2017-18 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! Flexible partial plans are available. These packages will best fit your schedule and budget! To view pricing and benefits of all available ticket packages CLICK HERE
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2017-18 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage!
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available. For more information on group tickets, call 239-948-7825, or stop by the Everblades offices at Germain Arena Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2018
- Mariners Announce Riley Armstrong as Head Coach - Maine Mariners
- Americans Comeback Stalls - Allen Americans
- Americans Trade Basara, Look To Even Things Up With Utah Tonight - Allen Americans
- Puskar Nets Game Winner to Knock off Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Puskar Breaks Tie Late to Give Thunder Win - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Salvage Point against Indy in Shootout Loss - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tricky Tulsa Takes out 'Blades in Physical Affair - Florida Everblades
- Wings Comeback Attempt Falls Short against Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oilers Sweep Everblades with 3-0 Shutout - Tulsa Oilers
- Beast Complete Comeback over Reading to Win Third Straight Game - Brampton Beast
- Melancon Nets Pair of Goals as the Admirals Top Swamp Rabbits 4-3 - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Drop to Beast, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- Railers Fall 2-1 in Shootout in Orlando - Worcester Railers HC
- Komets Push Past Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Late Goal Costs Swamp Rabbits in 4-3 Finish with Admirals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Brandon Halverson Makes NHL Debut with New York - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Riley Armstrong Named First Head Coach of Maine Mariners - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Day: Ads Face Swamp Rabbits with Crucial Points on the Line - Norfolk Admirals
- VanKleef Sent to Wheeling - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Worcester Railers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stage Set for Swamp Rabbits and Admirals in South Division Showdown - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Fuel - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Drew Fielding to PTO - Adirondack Thunder
- Pink in the Rink vs. Beast After Astounding Friday Win - Reading Royals
- Revamped Grizzlies Beat Allen 5-4 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads, Desrosiers Shut out Eagles - Idaho Steelheads
- Three-Goal Third Period Rally Leads Fuel to 4-2 Win in Kansas City - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Smooth Sailing for Everblades in 7-2 Win over Admirals
- Everblades Unbeaten Streak Ends in Loss to Orlando
- 'Blades Put out Solar Bears Flame in 3-1 Victory
- Roe's Overtime Blast Sends 'Blades Past Orlando 2-1
- Guns 'N Hoses Night Highlights this Weekend's Home Games