Training Camp Update - August 20th
In their first home game of the pre-season, the Charlottetown Islanders gave the sold-out crowd at the APM Centre something to cheer about.
Kieran Gallant and Patrick Leblanc each had a goal and an assist, Jack Tucker picked up two helpers, and Jacob Goobie and Chad Arsenault combined for 26 saves as the Islanders defeated the Moncton Wildcats 4-2 in their second game of the pre-season.
"It's nice to see the overall group improvement from Game One," said Islanders head coach Jim Hulton following the game. "It wasn't necessarily the same team but I thought right from the goalies on out we played a solid game."
"Overall the compete level has risen since the start of camp and we want to continue to see it improve."
Hulton was quick to point out the efforts of his two netminders, noting that they each played very sturdy games in net, giving the Islanders a chance to win.
The trio of Leblanc, Gallant, and Gaetan Jobin caused havoc in the offensive zone for Charlottetown. Each player found the back of the net, while Jobin also led the team with five shots, including four within just feet of the Wildcats net. Hulton identified those three players as standouts throughout the game.
"They got much better as the game went along," said Hulton in regards to the trio. "They had some really dominant shifts, which was nice to see."
The Islanders hit the road Thursday for an exhibition tilt against the Acadie-Bathurst Titan in Lameque, New Brunswick, the first in a pair of home-at-home games against the Titan. The two teams will square off in Cornwall at the APM Centre Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm
ISLANDERS RELEASE SEVEN FROM TRAINING CAMP The Islanders also announced following their game that the following seven players have been re-assigned to their respective minor clubs:
F Luke Akerman
F Cameron Brown
F Charles-Olivier Nadeau
F Michael Horth
F Kurtis Lang
D Nicolas Bourque
D Lucas MacAulay
The Islanders training camp roster now stands at 12 forwards, 9 defensemen, and 4 goalies. Veterans from last season's team will report to training camp on Sunday, August 25th.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Training Camp Update - August 20th - Charlottetown Islanders
- Sea Dogs Down Titan 4-1 in Pre-Season Action - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Langlois & Doucet Sign with Eagles for 2019-20 Season - Cape Breton Eagles
- Desrosiers Hired as New Director of Central Scouting - QMJHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Isles Sweep Rivalry Weekend with Second Straight Victory over Sea Dogs
- Islanders and Sea Dogs Wrap up Rivalry Week Tonight at Harbour Station
- Isles Give up Four-Goal Lead, But Still Take Two Points from Saint John
- Rivalry Week Begins with Isles Welcoming Sea Dogs to Town
- Alexandrov Scores Twice, But Isles Lose Third Overtime Game this Season