Trail Blazers Recall Caleb Swanigan from Canton Charge
PORTLAND, Ore. (Feb. 4, 2018) - The Portland Trail Blazers have recalled forward Caleb Swanigan from the Canton Charge of the NBA G League, it was announced today by president of basketball operations Neil Olshey.
Swanigan played in 14 games (12 starts) for the Charge and posted averages of 14.2 points, 11.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.00 steals and 30.3 minutes.
In 15 games (three starts) with the Trail Blazers this season, Swanigan (6-9, 250) is averaging 2.6 points, 2.4 rebounds, 0.6 assists and 8.9 minutes
The Trail Blazers selected Swanigan, 20, out of Purdue with the 26th overall pick of the 2017 NBA Draft.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Herd to Celebrate National Pizza Day - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Lakers Shell out Another Win over Maine - South Bay Lakers
- Lakers Stop Red Claws' Rally - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Suffer Road Defeat - Canton Charge
- Travis Wear Named NBA G League Player of the Week - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Burn out as South Bay Sweeps the Season Series - South Bay Lakers
- Iowa Wolves Host Memphis Hustle on Education Celebration Day - Iowa Wolves
- Legends Acquire Jordan Downing - Texas Legends
- San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Trail Blazers Recall Caleb Swanigan from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Bighorns Partner with Switch and First Nevada for Education Day Game - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors' Protest Granted for Misapplication of Rules - G League
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS DEFENDS ITS HIVE WITH HOME WIN OVER GREENSBORO SWARM - Westchester Knicks
- Darrun Hilliard Named to Midseason All-NBA G League West Team - Austin Spurs
- Motley, Warney Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Texas Legends
- Allen, Bird Named to Midseason All-NBA G-League Team - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.