Motley, Warney Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team
FRISCO, TX, - Texas Legends center Johnathan Motley and power forward Jameel Warney have been named to the Midseason All-NBA G League team.
Motley (6-10, 230, Baylor) has played 26 games with the Legends this season averaging 21.8 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks on a two-way contract with the Dallas Mavericks. The rookie Houston native set new career highs for himself last month and season-highs for the team in rebounds with 17 boards in back-to-back games while the team went on a seven-game win streak. Motley has tallied 17 double-doubles this season and was named NBA G League Player of the Month for January.
Warney (6-8, 250, Stony Brook) has played 28 games with Texas averaging 20.0 points, 9.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists, and 1.4 blocks, ranking in the top 15 in the league in both scoring average (14th) and rebounds per game (5th). The MVP of Team USA's FIBA AmeriCup gold medal run was named Team USA's 2017 Male Athlete of the Year after a second standout performance in the FIBA Basketball World Cup Qualifiers where the team once again went undefeated. Warney has also grabbed 17 double-doubles on the season.
The Legends finished with a league-best 9-2 record in the month of January and currently sit atop the Western Conference rankings.
NBA G-League coaches, general managers, and players voted on the top performers from the first half of the season from their respective conferences, based on the performance of players in games through January 21, 2018. Eligibility for players to be selected for recognition is based on having played in 50 percent of their team's games through January 21st and being on an Active Roster. Two-Way players and players on assignment from the NBA are eligible to both vote for and receive Midseason All-NBA G League recognition.
Texas hosts the Windy City Bulls in the first of a double-header tonight followed by a matchup against the Austin Spurs Saturday with both games tipping off at 7:30pm CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Herd to Celebrate National Pizza Day - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Lakers Shell out Another Win over Maine - South Bay Lakers
- Lakers Stop Red Claws' Rally - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Suffer Road Defeat - Canton Charge
- Travis Wear Named NBA G League Player of the Week - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Burn out as South Bay Sweeps the Season Series - South Bay Lakers
- Iowa Wolves Host Memphis Hustle on Education Celebration Day - Iowa Wolves
- Legends Acquire Jordan Downing - Texas Legends
- San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Trail Blazers Recall Caleb Swanigan from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Bighorns Partner with Switch and First Nevada for Education Day Game - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors' Protest Granted for Misapplication of Rules - G League
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS DEFENDS ITS HIVE WITH HOME WIN OVER GREENSBORO SWARM - Westchester Knicks
- Darrun Hilliard Named to Midseason All-NBA G League West Team - Austin Spurs
- Motley, Warney Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Texas Legends
- Allen, Bird Named to Midseason All-NBA G-League Team - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Mavericks Sign Kostas Antetokounmpo to Two-Way Contract; Waive Jalen Jones
- Legends Take Business and Basketball to a New Level in 2017-18 Season
- Brandon Ashley Invited to 2018 NBA G League Elite Mini Camp
- Warney, Motley Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- Texas Legends Summer Camps Open for Registration