Charge Suffer Road Defeat
MISSISSAUGA, ON - The Canton Charge (13-21), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, fell at the hands of the Raptors 905 (21-13), 113-97, at the Hershey Centre on Monday night.
Seven 905 players scored in double figures, led by Alfonzo McKinnie's double-double of 19 points and 10 rebounds in 28 minutes. Lorenzo Brown also posted a double-double by scoring 18 points and dishing out 13 assists in 35 minutes. Kennedy Meeks added 12 points, nine boards and three steals in 27 minutes. Malcolm Miller scored 17 of his team's 44 bench points in 23 minutes of relief.
Ante Zizic led the Charge on assignment from Cleveland with 22 points, 12 rebounds and two steals in 28 minutes. John Holland scored 17 points and nabbed three steals in 38 minutes. London Perrantes scored six points with eight assists and three steals in 35 minutes. Marcus Thornton netted 15 points in 34 minutes.
After Canton led 57-53 at the half, the game's difference came in the third quarter where the hosts forced eight turnovers resulting in 10 points and limited the Charge to 6-of-16 from the field (38%). Raptors 905 erupted for 34 points in the third on 13-of-19 shooting (68%), including scoring 14 of the final 19 points, and lead the rest of the game to even the season series at 1-1.
The Charge continue their road trip with the first of a back-to-back against the Windy City Bulls (Chicago Bulls) this Friday, February 9th at 8:00 PM. The Charge return home on Wednesday, February 21st vs. the Oklahoma City Blue (Oklahoma City Thunder) at 7:00 PM. 2018-19 Charge Nation Memberships are on sale NOW! Place your $100 per seat initial payment today and receive the rest of the 2017-18 season for FREE in addition to all the other great benefits of being a Charge Nation Member. Visit CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944 to sign up today.
The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @CantonCharge on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CantonCharge and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CantonCharge. Fans can sign up for mobile text alerts by texting CHARGE to 720720 (message & data rates apply).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Herd to Celebrate National Pizza Day - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Lakers Shell out Another Win over Maine - South Bay Lakers
- Lakers Stop Red Claws' Rally - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Suffer Road Defeat - Canton Charge
- Travis Wear Named NBA G League Player of the Week - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Burn out as South Bay Sweeps the Season Series - South Bay Lakers
- Iowa Wolves Host Memphis Hustle on Education Celebration Day - Iowa Wolves
- Legends Acquire Jordan Downing - Texas Legends
- San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Trail Blazers Recall Caleb Swanigan from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Bighorns Partner with Switch and First Nevada for Education Day Game - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors' Protest Granted for Misapplication of Rules - G League
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS DEFENDS ITS HIVE WITH HOME WIN OVER GREENSBORO SWARM - Westchester Knicks
- Darrun Hilliard Named to Midseason All-NBA G League West Team - Austin Spurs
- Motley, Warney Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Texas Legends
- Allen, Bird Named to Midseason All-NBA G-League Team - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.