Tough Bounces Doom Gamblers in OT
The Green Bay Gamblers fell to the Chicago Steel 3-2 in overtime on Saturday at the Resch Center. Chicago forward Sean Farrell tied the game at the 18:37 mark of the 3rd period, and Eric Middendorf tallied the game-winner 21-seconds into the 3-on-3 overtime.
Jesse Tucker tallied his 10th of the year, a power-play goal at the 1:04 mark of the 2nd period. Green Bay grabbed their first lead of the game at the 3:57 mark of the 3rd period on Jarod Crespo's third of the season.
Gamblers goaltender Matt Davis made 33 saves. Chicago goaltender Simon Latkoczy turned aside 28 Gambler shots.
Green Bay hosts Dubuque on Monday at the Resch Center before traveling to Dubuque on the weekend for a pair of games to round out the regular season.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2021
- Storm Drop Overtime Decision to Buccaneers - Tri-City Storm
- Fighting Saints Defeat Team USA, Control Playoff Spot - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Steel Claim 3-2 Overtime Victory over Green Bay - Chicago Steel
- Tough Bounces Doom Gamblers in OT - Green Bay Gamblers
- Stampede Rally Comes up Short in 6-4 Loss to Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Win Anderson Cup for Second Consecutive Season - Chicago Steel
- Gameday Preview: vs. Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Seek Bounce-Back Victory against Buccaneers - Tri-City Storm
- USHL Updates Status of Conference Standings, Anderson Cup Race Ahead of Playoffs - USHL
- Force Dominate in Final Home Game of the Regular Season - Fargo Force
- Jake Beaune Commits to Robert Morris University - Lincoln Stars
- Slow Start Plagues Stars in Omaha - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Winning Streak Snapped in Loss to Buccaneers - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.