Tortugas-Threshers Finale Cancelled on Sunday
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- The Daytona Tortugas' scheduled game Sunday evening against the Clearwater Threshers at Jackie Robinson Ballpark has been cancelled due to inclement weather, as well as the threat of inclement weather for the remainder of the day.
The game will not be made up as Daytona and Clearwater do not play again in the season's first half. All tickets for tonight's cancelled endeavor can be exchanged for tickets to another 2019 Daytona Tortugas' home game at the Tortugas' box office or by calling (386) 257-3172.
Daytona will wrap up the season's first half with a four-game series on the road against the Lakeland Flying Tigers, starting on Monday evening. Tonight's starter - RHP Ryan Lillie (2-4, 3.07 ERA) - is expected to take the ball for the Tortugas in the series opener. Lakeland is projected to counter with RHP Tom de Blok (0-4, 4.04 ERA).
The Tortugas Pre-Game Show will kick off the broadcast at 6:15 p.m. ET, leading up to the 6:30 p.m. ET start at Joke Marchant Stadium. Monday evening's game can be heard on www.daytonatortugas.com or via the TuneIn Radio and MiLB First Pitch apps.
Following the All-Star break, the Daytona Tortugas will return home on Monday, June 17, to open up a three-game series against the Florida Fire Frogs, the High-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. We kick off the season's second half in style with Opening Night 2.0 featuring live music and other fun activities throughout the night. It will also be another Belly Buster Monday presented by Marco's Pizza. Starting at just $13, fans can enjoy all-you-can-eat hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and popcorn included with their game ticket.
Multi-game plans and single-game tickets are still currently available and can be purchased online at www.daytonatortugas.com, or by calling the Tortugas' Ticket Office at (386) 257-3172.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Saturday, June 8 Flying Tigers vs. Mets Game Suspended - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Tortugas-Threshers Finale Cancelled on Sunday - Daytona Tortugas
- Flying Tigers Beat Mets Twice on Sunday - St. Lucie Mets
- Tarpons Again Shut out Fire Frogs, Complete Sweep - Tampa Tarpons
- Bats Silenced In Shutout Loss - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Dermis Dampens Fire Frogs Getaway Day, 5-0 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Dunedin Seeks the Sweep in Bradenton - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Dunedin Puts Together a Rally for the Victory - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.