Toronto FC II Sign Brandon Onkony
"Since joining the TFC Academy early in 2017, Brandon has displayed a strong work ethic and has worked hard both on and off the pitch to earn a professional contract," said Toronto FC II Head Coach Jason Bent. "We are excited to bring Brandon to Toronto FC II and allow him to continue his development as a professional footballer."
Onkony, 19, has appeared in four matches, starting in one for Toronto FC II this season as a call up from Toronto FC III (TFC III). Prior to joining TFC II, he spent the 2016 season with FC Montreal of the United Soccer League (USL). With FC Montreal, he appeared in seven matches. Prior to joining FC Montreal, Onkony played for FC Montreux-Sports, a football club based in Montreux, Switzerland. He joined the Toronto FC Academy in early 2017 and participated in the 69th Viareggio Cup for TFC III. Onkony appeared and started in all three-group stage matches and registered one goal.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC II signed defender Brandon Onkony
BRANDON ONKONY - #77
Birthdate: December 2, 1997
Birthplace: Montreux, Switzerland
Nationality: Switzerland - DR Congo
Last Club: FC Montreal
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from April 18, 2017
- Islanders Extend Point Streak to Three Games - Penn FC
- FCC Continues Homestand against Tampa Bay Rowdies, Louisville City FC - FC Cincinnati
- LouCity Midfielder Davis IV Named to USL Team of the Week - Louisville City FC
- Memo Rodriguez Selected to Team of the Week - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Billy Forbes Named to USL Team of the Week - San Antonio FC
- Cincinnati's Djiby Fall Named USL Player of the Week - USL
- Falls City, LouCity Partner on Co-Branded Beer with Charity Kickback - Louisville City FC
- USL's Week Ahead: Cincinnati Hosts Tampa Bay in Midweek Clash on ESPN3 (April 18-23, 2017) - USL
- Toronto FC II Sign Brandon Onkony - Toronto FC II
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.