Tomahawks Dominate Hat Tricks Friday Afternoon
The Johnstown Tomahawks suffered their first loss of 2022 at the hand of the Jamestown Rebels Sunday afternoon, going down by a final of 3-2.
After a rare scoreless 1st period, the Tomahawks opened the scoring in the 2nd with Jacob Badal getting the Tomahawks on the board. Jamestown responded right away with a goal of their own, but Jake Black scored his 21st goal of the season, regaining the lead for the Tomahawks to make it 2-1 going into the 3rd period Sunday afternoon.
Lukas Klemm ties the game for the Rebels in the 3rd period, followed by Marcus Kivela Carlzon giving the Rebels their first lead of the game with 5:11 to go in regulation. Carlzon's goal would go on to be the game winner as the Tomahawks fell to the Rebels by a final of 3-2 in Jamestown.
The Tomahawks are back in action on Friday, January 14 and Saturday, January 15 at 1ST SUMMIT ARENA as they are set to face off against the Jamestown Rebels yet again in a two-game weekend series in Johnstown. Tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster.com or by contacting the Tomahawks office.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2022
- Dogs Split with Wilderness - Fairbanks Ice Dogs
- Beahm Commits - Minot Minotauros
- Tomahawks Dominate Hat Tricks Friday Afternoon - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Nords Kick off 2022 with a Victory - Maine Nordiques
- Wings Ring in 2022 with Weekend Sweep over Norsemen - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Turn Back to Win Column with 5-3 Victory to Open 2022 - North Iowa Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.