Titans Forward Stephen Willey Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Army West Point
The New Jersey Titans, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), are pleased to announce that forward Stephen Willey has committed to play NCAA Division I Ice Hockey for the United States Military Academy (Army West Point) Black Knights, who play in the Atlantic Hockey Conference (AHC). His commitment begins in the fall of 2022.
Willey, 19, is in his first season with the Titans. The Shelton, CT native has played in six games so far having earned two points (1 goal and 1 assist).
"I am extremely honored and proud to announce my commitment to play Division I hockey at Army West Point" stated Willey. "I would like to thank all of my family, friends, coaches and teammates for helping me along the way" concluded Willey.
"We are extremely proud of Stephen and thrilled for him and his family" said Titans head coach and general manager Craig Doremus." Stephen is a very mature young man, and you can see right away that he had the right demeanor to attend West Point. Stephen has adjusted well to the junior hockey level and he will be a big part of our franchise as he continues to prepare for Army. Stephen is next in a long line of Titans to attend West Point, and I am confident they will all represent our organization the right way. "We are so proud of all our student athletes who commit to playing for Coach Riley and West Point" concluded Doremus.
Army West Point is in West Point, NY. The Black Knights are coached by Brian Riley. Last season Army West Point had an overall record of 17-14-3. Their 2020-21 season is schedule to begin the weekend of November 13-14.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 27, 2020
- NM Ice Wolves Announce Jared Brown as Assistant Coach - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Secondary Schedule Change Made Regarding Bruins/Wilderness in January - Austin Bruins
- Isaiah Fox Earns East Division Star of the Week After 3 Game Sweep - Maine Nordiques
- Wilderness Announce Rescheduling of Games - Minnesota Wilderness
- Tyler Gaulin Commits to University of Maine - Maine Nordiques
- Bruins Announce Rescheduling of First Three Regular-Season Games Including Home-Opener - Austin Bruins
- Nordiques Take Home the Sunday Win and Weekend Sweep - Maine Nordiques
- Nordiques Crush Titans - Maine Nordiques
- Titans Forward Stephen Willey Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Army West Point - New Jersey Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Titans Stories
- Titans Tender Titans 16UAAA Forward Justin Solovey
- Suede Named NAHL's East Division's Second Star of the Week; Stoever Is Honorable Mention
- Win Streak Ends at Five as Titans Fall 4-3 to Generals
- Suede and Pelc Help Lead Titans to 6-1 Win over Generals
- Generals and Titans Faceoff for Two Game Series