Timbers Broadcast Team Wins 2021 Northwest Regional Emmy Award
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers broadcast team of Jake Zivin, Ross Smith and Nat Borchers won an Emmy Award in the Sports - Play by Play/Analyst category from the Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS), it was announced over the weekend at the 58th-annual Northwest Regional Emmy Awards Ceremony.
The team earned their third consecutive Emmy following a difficult year of broadcasting, due to COVID-19. They overcame many obstacles, such as adjusting to social distancing and working remotely for away matches.
The Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences serves television and media professionals in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 9, 2021
- Timbers Broadcast Team Wins 2021 Northwest Regional Emmy Award - Portland Timbers
- International Duty: Jones, Leerdam, Pizarro, Fort Lauderdale Duo Feature for National Teams - Inter Miami CF
- It's MLS vs. LIGA MX in 2021 MLS All-Star Game - Los Angeles FC
- It's MLS vs. LIGA MX: 2021 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target Set for August 25 in Los Angeles - MLS
- Columbus Crew Holds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at OhioHealth Performance Center - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC Signs Attacking Midfielder Santiago Rodriguez on Loan from Montevideo City Torque - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Fall 2-1 on the Road to Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Down LAFC 2-1 in Stoppage Time at Providence Park
- Timbers Record 1-0 Shutout Win against FC Dallas at Providence Park
- Claudio Bravo Named to U-23 Argentina Men's National Team Roster for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Timbers Announce Broadcast, Time Changes for July 21, September 29 Matches against Los Angeles FC