Tim Colwell Named AA Player of the Week
FARGO, N.D. - RedHawks outfielder Tim Colwell has been named this week's Pointstreak American Association Player of the Week for the week ending June 9, 2019 after a strong week at the plate for Fargo-Moorhead.
Colwell put together a great week at the dish, batting .500 with two doubles, two home runs, and seven RBIs. On the season, the former North Dakota State University standout is .307 with two home runs and 12 RBIs.
Colwell began his professional career in 2014 with the Sioux City Explorers after going undrafted out of NDSU. Colwell spent three seasons with the Explorers before joining the St. Paul Saints in 2017. The speedy outfielder
signed with Fargo-Moorhead in 2018 and posted his best statistical season to date, batting .320 with three home runs, 41 RBIs, and 24 stolen bases. Colwell's last Player of the Week award came on July 9, 2018.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 10, 2019
- Late Rally Not Enough to Push Dogs Past AirHogs - Chicago Dogs
- Longball Downs Canaries in Loss to Milwaukee - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Tim Colwell Named AA Player of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Luke Westphal Earns Pitcher of the Week Honors - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks Bats Come Alive in 11-8 Win over Winnipeg
- RedHawks Manage Only Five Hits in 5-0 Loss to Goldeyes
- First Road Loss for 'Hawks as Winnipeg Wins Its Home Opener in Fargo
- Trey Hair Walks It off as RedHawks Earn First Win of Season
- Goldeyes Batter RedHawks with 19 Hits in Game Two Win