Tiger is a Force
Louisville, KY- Former Louisville Fire and University of Louisville wide receiver, Tiger Jones, made his debut in the Arena Football League on Saturday. New to the Georgia Force (2-3), he led their offense in receiving with 9 catches for 131 yards and five touchdowns along the way to a 70-49 victory.
With the Louisville Fire, in the arenafootball2 league, Jones ranks fourth on the all-time career-receiving list and sixth on the all-time career-scoring list. In 2007, he had 2,133 yards on 161 receptions and added 41 touchdowns. He also set the franchise single season record for most pass reception yards.
Before his time with the Fire, Jones made a huge impact on the University of Louisville's squad. He also spent time in training camps with NFL, CFL, and other AFL teams.
"We knew Tiger had the capability from the start and we are extremely proud of him," stated Fire Head Coach Tommy Johnson. "He will continue to play that well as long as he is given the chance. To Georgia's credit, they gave him an opportunity and Tiger proved himself and helped them win a football game."
Force QB Chris Greisen and Jones connected numerous times leaving high hopes for future games.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 2, 2008
- Burn land last year's af2 leading scorer - Boise Burn
- BattleWings Announce Fan Bus Trip to Houston for April 12 Game - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- BattleWings Assigned Veteran Kicker - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- (Fargo, ND) The votes are in on another fabulous season in the North American Hockey League for team - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Albany Drops Season Opener At Mahoning Valley - Albany Firebirds
- Florida Firecats Fourth in Week Two Coaches Poll - Florida Firecats
- Tulsa Talons Top Week 2 Coaches Poll - Tulsa Talons
- Cecil Lester named af2 Offensive Player of the Week - South Georgia Wildcats
- Fire Plan to Skin the Cats - Louisville Fire
- Tiger is a Force - Louisville Fire