Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Wide Receiver Jones
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Wednesday the football club has re-signed national wide receiver Brian Jones.
Jones, 26, re-signed with the Tiger-Cats last year on February 11, 2020 after registering six special teams tackles in nine regular season games in 2019. He also suited up in both Tiger-Cats' playoff games that season including the 107th Grey Cup.
The 6-4, 233-pound native of Enfield, Nova Scotia has appeared in 43 career CFL games with the Toronto Argonauts (2016-18), Saskatchewan Roughriders (2018) and Tiger-Cats (2019), registering 14 receptions for 148 yards and one receiving touchdown. He has also contributed on special teams throughout his career, recording 18 special teams tackles, one blocked punt and three kickoff returns for 15 yards. The University of Acadia product was a member of Toronto's Grey Cup championship team in 2017.
Images from this story
Hamilton Tiger-Cats wide receiver Brian Jones
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 10, 2021
- Stampeders Re-Sign Pfeffer - Calgary Stampeders
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Wide Receiver Jones - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Add Former Blue Bomber, Canadian Receiver Daniel Petermann - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Alouettes Add Five Local Players to the Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Stampeders Sign Defensive Back - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Bring Back Hometown Favourite Jon Ryan - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Receiver Bryant Mitchell - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- RedBlacks Sign Canadian Defensive Lineman Stefan Charles on Opening Day of CFL Free Agency - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.