Thunder Signs Goalie Colton Phinney to Roster
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that it has signed goalie Colton Phinney to a contract for the 2018-2019 season.
Phinney, 25, comes to the Thunder after spending the majority of last season with the Jacksonville IceMen. In 21 games of action, the 6-foot-1 goalie posted a 3.25 goals against average along with an .886 save percentage. Phinney also appeared in one game each for the Indy Fuel and the AHL's Manitoba Moose.
Prior to turning pro, the Chatham, NJ native played four seasons at Princeton University in New Jersey. Phinney played in 110 games over the course of his Tigers career, posting career-best numbers as a junior during the 2015-2016 season when he finished with a 2.86 GAA and a .924 save percentage.
All ticket packages for the 2018-2019 Adirondack Thunder season are on sale now. Visit ECHLThunder.com or call 518-480-3355 with any questions or for more information on ticket packages. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ECHLThunder) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ECHLThunder).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 12, 2018
- Pierre-Luc Mercier Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Add Forward Pair - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL All-Star Nolan Valleau Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Lynch Joins ECHL as Vice President of Business Operations - ECHL
- Thunder Signs Goalie Colton Phinney to Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Add to Forward Depth with Trio of Signings - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.