Thunder Make Changes as Fort Worth Looms
Wichita, KS (November 24th) - The Wichita Thunder of the Central Hockey League has announced today that they have made roster moves in preparation for tonight's game against the Fort Worth Brahmas. Head Coach Kevin McClelland has signed forward Todd Griffith to a contract and he is expected to be in the line-up tonight.
Griffith, 27, began the season with the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL. The seven-year pro has spent time in the CHL, with stints in Texas, Laredo and Missouri. His best season came in 2006-07 with the Bakersfield Condors, where he scored 43 points (26g, 17a) in 46 games and added 93 penalty minutes. A native of Welland, ONT, the 5-foot-11, 181-pound forward will wear number 4.
In other moves, forward Aaron Boogaard has been placed on the 7-Day IR. Defenseman Jarred Mohr has been moved from the 7-Day to the 14-Day IR and forward Matt Tassone has been moved to the 30-Day IR.
Wichita will close out their home schedule in the month of November tonight as the Fort Worth Brahmas come to town for the first time this season. For tickets, call 755-SEAT, visit the INTRUST Bank Arena box office or online at www.selectaseat.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 24, 2012
- Cutthroats Top Rapid City in Another Thriller, 4-3 - Denver Cutthroats
- Thunder Win-Streak to Four with 5-4 Win over Brahmas - Wichita Thunder
- Brahmas Lose to Thunder on the Road - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Rock Bloomington, 6-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Ride over Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Three Goal Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Rally, Drop Tulsa 4-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Make Changes as Fort Worth Looms - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Forward Evan Vossen; Trevor Kell to IR - Kansas City Mavericks
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspension - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.