Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster and Captains
Wichita, KS (Oct. 12th) - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced their season-opening roster and captains for the 2017-18 campaign.
Head Coach Malcolm Cameron announced yesterday at Media Day that forward Dyson Stevenson has been named as the team's captain for the season. Zach O'Brien, Mark MacMillan and Jamie Doornbosch were named as alternate captains. Guillaume Lepine will serve as the team's Player/Assistant Coach.
Stevenson comes to Wichita after playing the past seasons for the Allen Americans. The Shaunavon, Sasketwahn native reunites with Cameron after playing three seasons together for the Western Hockey League's Regina Pats. Last year, he collected 29 points (10g, 29a) and 106 penalty minutes in 53 games for the Americans.
The Thunder will start with 13 forwards, eight defensemen and two goalies. The roster consists of three veterans (Travis Ewanyk, Guillaume Lepine and Dana Tyrell), eight rookies (Guillaume Asselin, Lane Bauer, Steven Iacobellis, Shaquille Merasty, Jeremy Beaudry, Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin, Samuel Thibault and Shane Starrett), two contracted players from Edmonton (Kyle Platzer, Starrett) and one contracted player from Bakersfield (O'Brien).
Forwards (13): Guillaume Asselin, Lane Bauer, Matt DeBlouw, Travis Ewanyk, Steven Iacobellis, Mark MacMillan, Louick Marcotte, Shaquille Merasty, Zach O'Brien, Kyle Platzer, Istvan Sofron, Dyson Stevenson, Dana Tyrell
Defensemen (8): Jeremy Beaudry, Etienne Boutet, Travis Brown, Jamie Doornbosch, Samuel Labrecque, Guillaume Lepine, Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin, Samuel Thibault
Goaltender (2): Joel Rumpel. Shane Starrett
The 26th season of Thunder hockey kicks off on Friday, October 13th against the Indy Fuel.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $50 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
Tickets are on sale now for our exhibition game against the Tulsa Oilers. Join us on Saturday, October 7th for a double header as the Junior Thunder takes on the Cheyenne Stampede at 4 p.m. followed by the Thunder and Oilers. Tickets are just $10 and can only be purchased through the Thunder office. Call (316) 264-4625 to get yours today!
Follow along with us on our social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter (@wichita_thunder), Snapchat (wichthunder), Instagram (Wichita_Thunder) and LinkedIn.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 12, 2017
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- WJBX Returns as Broadcast Home for Everblades Hockey - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster and Captains - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Announce 2017-18 Season-Opening Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Garbowsky Named Captain for 2017-18 Season - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Release Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- Oilers Finalize Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Manchester Monarchs Announce Season-Opening Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Mallards Finalize Season Opening Roster - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers Announce Opening Roster & Captains for 2017-18 - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Open Season Saturday; Walleye Visit for 66th Home Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nelson Traded to Norfolk - Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Acquire Nelson, Sign Reichenbach - Norfolk Admirals
- : INTRUST Bank Arena Announces the Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Announce 2017-18 Season-Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- TOMORROW - Fri Oct 13 - Tulsa Oilers vs Kansas City Mavericks At - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.