Fuel Announce 2017-18 Season-Opening Roster
FUEL ANNOUNCE 2017-18 SEASON-OPENING ROSTER Team hosting rally on Monument Circle Thursday, October 19
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, announced Thursday their 21-man roster for the beginning of the 2017-18 season. The Fuel will open their regular season schedule Friday night in Wichita with 12 forwards, seven defensemen and two goalies on their active roster.
Indy begins their fourth season in the ECHL carrying four veterans (Zach Miskovic, Michael Neal, Geoff Walker, Cam Reid) and six rookies (Marcoux, Jack Burton, Anthony Cortese, Will Smith, Connor Reilly, Matt Tomkins). Eight players on the roster have previous experience playing in Indy, while only three players (Zach Miskovic, Alex Wideman, Matt Rupert) from the Fuel's Opening Night roster last season are still with the club.
Starting the season on 21-Day Injured Reserve, and not counting toward the 21-player roster limit are forward Michael Neal and defenseman Anthony Cortese.
Two players - forward Will Smith and goaltender Ãtienne Marcoux - earned spots on Indy's roster after joining the team on a tryout basis prior to training camp. Smith received his training camp invite after participating in the Fuel's Free Agent Camp back in August, becoming the first camp graduate to make the club's Opening Night roster.
Additionally, the Fuel announced that they will be hosting a season kick-off rally in front of the Emmis Building on Monument Circle on Thursday, October 19 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fans can join Fuel players, coaches, staff and Nitro in celebrating the start of the 2017-18 season, while enjoying activities and free Hot Box Pizza. Tickets to Opening Night on Saturday, October 21 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum will also be available at the event. 2017-18 Indy Fuel Opening Night Roster (Click Here for PDF ):
Forwards (12): Matt Johnson, Reed Seckel, Alex Wideman, Will Smith (R), Tommy Olczyk, Andrew Schmit, Connor Reilly (R), Matt Rupert, Ryan Rupert, Nick Bligh, Cam Reid (V), Geoff Walker (V)
Defensemen (7): Travis Armstrong, Zach Miskovic (V), Nolan Descoteaux, Jack Burton (R), Troy Vance, Brandon Anselmini, Garrett Clarke
Goaltenders (2): Ãtienne Marcoux (R), Matt Tomkins (R)
Injured Reserve (2): Michael Neal (V), Anthony Cortese (R)
Opening Night of the 2017-18 Indy Fuel season is on October 21, and tickets are now on sale! Secure your seat by visiting IndyFuelHockey.com, or by visiting the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office. Ticket plans are also available for year four of Fuel hockey, call 317-925-FUEL for more information. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2017-18 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and âLike' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 12, 2017
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- WJBX Returns as Broadcast Home for Everblades Hockey - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster and Captains - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Announce 2017-18 Season-Opening Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Garbowsky Named Captain for 2017-18 Season - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Release Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- Oilers Finalize Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Manchester Monarchs Announce Season-Opening Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Mallards Finalize Season Opening Roster - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers Announce Opening Roster & Captains for 2017-18 - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Open Season Saturday; Walleye Visit for 66th Home Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nelson Traded to Norfolk - Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Acquire Nelson, Sign Reichenbach - Norfolk Admirals
- : INTRUST Bank Arena Announces the Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Announce 2017-18 Season-Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- TOMORROW - Fri Oct 13 - Tulsa Oilers vs Kansas City Mavericks At - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.