Three-Way Player Butler-Byrd Signs with Sugar Skulls
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed wide receiver/defensive back/kick returner Cory Butler-Byrd for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
WR/DB/KR Cory Butler-Byrd (5'10", 180, University of Utah) joins the Sugar Skulls for his first season with the team, and his second in the IFL. Butler-Byrd spent part of the 2019 with the San Diego Strike Force, seeing time at wide receiver, defensive back and kick returner. Butler-Byrd played collegiately at the University of Utah, where he spent two seasons and saw action in 21 games.
Playing both wide receiver and defensive back, he spent the majority of his junior season at cornerback, totaling 30 tackles, seven passes defended and three interceptions. His senior season, Butler-Byrd primarily played receiver, making 29 receptions for 372 yards, while also adding 20 rushes for 163 yards and one touchdown. On the special teams unit, he also returned 20 kicks for 549 yards (27.5 yards per return) and two touchdowns. Prior to attending Utah, the Compton, California native spent two years at L.A. Harbor College, nearby his hometown.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 20, 2020
- Massachusetts Native Louis-Jean Back with Pirates - Massachusetts Pirates
- Three-Way Player Butler-Byrd Signs with Sugar Skulls - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Former IFL Champion Defensive Lineman Butler Signs with Tucson
- Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan
- Super Bowl Champion Wright Sr. Joins Sugar Skulls Defensive Line
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Announce Schedule for 2021 IFL Season
- Third-Year Defensive Lineman Francois Signs with Tucson