Three Things to Know: Nashville SC vs. New York Red Bulls II
NASHVILLE -Two of the top Eastern Conference teams go head to head at First Tennessee Park in a rescheduled matchup as Nashville SC hosts current conference leader New York Red Bulls II on Wednesday, Aug. 21 at 7 p.m. CT, presented by Budweiser. The original match was postponed due to severe weather in the Nashville area on June 26. Despite playing the first half during which Nashville SC led 2-1, the match will restart and be played in its entirety Wednesday night.
Nashville SC carries momentum into the midweek matchup from its 3-1 victory over the Charlotte Independence on Saturday. The last full meeting between Nashville and New York ended in a 1-1 draw in New Jersey on March 24. An early goal from Daniel Ríos was answered by Red Bulls II's Brian White in the second have to send Nashville home with a point. Last season, the teams played to a 1-1 draw on May 6 and Sept. 29 with goals from Ropapa Mensah and Michael Reed, respectively.
Entering into the final stretch of the season, Wednesday's match could prove to be one of Nashville's most important of the season. Here are the three things to know about the match:
1) $5 Tickets
Add to First Tennessee Park's electric matchday atmoshphere by being a part of Wednesday night's crowd. Nashville SC is going for its seventh match unbeaten, and you can see all of the action for as low as $5. Ticket options include $5 Standing Room Only tickets, $10 Lower Bowl tickets, and $15 Club Level or Puckett's Premium tickets. Take advantage of this deal and purchase your tickets here.
2) Battling for the Top
Nashville's unbeaten run has given the team a boost in the Eastern Conference. NSC now sits in third place just behind New York Red Bulls II and Tampa Bay Rowdies, both of which Nashville will face within the next two weeks. Because each of the top-two teams have lost in their most recent matches, Nashville SC's good form has put the team just two points out of first place. Red Bulls II leads with 47 points, then comes the Rowdies with 46, and Nashville SC just below with 45. A win on Wednesday could propel Nashville into the top spot for the first time in club history.
3) Pride Night Returns
Because the original match was one of the club's two Pride Nights in June, the club will celebrate Pride at Wednesday's match as well. Pride scarves will be available for purchase at the match, with a portion of proceeds going to Nashville Oasis Center with Prideraiser, a coalition of independent soccer supporters that raise money for local LGBTQ+ charities. Fans can purchase a scarf online ahead of time here. Pride Night will also carry onto the field with Pride-themed corner flags and captain's armband.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 20, 2019
- Nashville SC at Heart of Music City with Whiskey Jam Takeover - Nashville SC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Enter New Era Under Craft Family Ownership - FC Tulsa
- Republic FC's Thomas Enevoldsen Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Sacramento Republic FC
- Washington Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 24 - Nashville SC
- Mustapha Dumbuya Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Francois Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Midfielder Dre Fortune Named USL Championship Player of the Week - North Carolina FC
- North Carolina's Fortune Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC vs. New York Red Bulls II - Nashville SC
- New Mexico United Announces Second Player for High Performance Program - New Mexico United
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils Fourth Special Edition Jersey, "Noche de Locos" - El Paso Locomotive FC
- LouCity Preps for Different North Carolina Challenge - Louisville City FC
- Match Preview: #NCvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital