Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at North Carolina FC
NASHVILLE - As Nashville SC preps for another month-long road trip in USL Championship, it will try to extend its season-best seven match league unbeaten streak on Saturday night at WakeMed Soccer Park against North Carolina FC at 6 p.m. It will be the first meeting between the two clubs this season.
Both teams haven't officially played since last Saturday, but Nashville SC did play an unofficial half on Wednesday night against New York Red Bulls II. That match ended up getting postponed at halftime and will be made up in its entirety at a to be determined date. Now Nashville SC shifts its attention to North Carolina, a top-five club in the Eastern Conference.
Here are three things to know about the upcoming road match:
1) Watch Party at Bavarian Bierhaus
Starting at 5:30 p.m., fans can enjoy the Nashville SC match at Bavarian Bierhaus, an authentic German bierhall and official Nashville SC Pub Partner. There will be a free pretzel for each table at the watch party. All fans will also get to enjoy the Nashville SC 15% discount on all food and drinks purchased during the watch party.
Nashville SC staff will be on hand for some giveaways. All fans in attendance will be entered to win a Nashville SC Pride scarf, a Nashville SC MLS hat and 2 tickets to Nashville SC's next home match, an MLS preview on July 27 at Nissan Stadium against Indy Eleven. For more watch party details, click here.
For fans unable to attend the watch party, the game will be broadcast locally on MyTV30 and available for streaming on ESPN+.
2) The Return of Ríos
Before Daniel Ríos was Nashville SC's first Major League Soccer signee, he was on loan from Chivas Guadalajara to North Carolina FC during the 2018 USL season. Ríos was a sensation at North Carolina, scoring 20 goals and adding three assists in his breakout campaign. He finished second in the USL in scoring, and earned his MLS contract with Nashville. On Saturday, he will make his return to WakeMed Soccer Park where he scored 11 of those 20 goals.
3) Road Runners
Nashville SC is one of the best road teams in the entire USL Championship with a 5-1-3 record, including a 4-0-2 record in its last six road matches. That road form will be put to the test against North Carolina, who is unbeaten in six home matches, 3-0-3, including a 4-1 home win over Louisville City FC in its season opener.
Nashville has 17 goals in nine road matches this season and has scored at least two goals in five of those. That's a good sign for a team that will play its next three league matches on the road including Saturday night against North Carolina FC.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 28, 2019
- Hartford Falls to Bethlehem Steel FC - Hartford Athletic
- Issa Rayyan scores first professional goal, Cole Turner provides first assist for Steel FC in shutout - Philadelphia Union II
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 2-1 at Loudoun United - Atlanta United 2
- Loudoun United Win First Match at Home against Atlanta United 2, 2-1 - Loudoun United
- Austin Martz Announces Retirement - Saint Louis FC
- Nashville SC Looking to Build on Washed out NYRBII Match Going into Road Showdown in North Carolina - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising FC Prepares for Clash with No. 2 in Western Conference - Phoenix Rising FC
- Indy Eleven and Indiana Fever Teaming up for Official FIFA Women's World Cup Viewing Event Tuesday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indy Eleven
- Real Monarchs SLC Closes June with Visit to Tulsa Roughnecks FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at North Carolina FC - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC off to Face Charlotte Independence - Memphis 901 FC
- Energy FC Travel to Vegas Tomorrow - OKC Energy FC
- Rowdies Welcome Lucky Mkosana Back to Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Preview | Indy Eleven to Finish Three-Game Homestand in Rivalry Match vs. Louisville City FC - Indy Eleven
- Austin Bold FC's Edson Braafheid Becomes Eligible for 2019 Season - Austin Bold FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Tampa Bay Rowdies - Ottawa Fury FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Orange County SC Fight Hard, Lose 1-0 on a Penalty Shot - Orange County SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital