Thorns FC Weekly Update: July 11, 2019
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Thorns FC square off against the Orlando Pride, in a match presented by Powerade, on Sunday, July 14, at Providence Park. Beginning at 12 noon (Pacific), the match features a national television broadcast on ESPNEWS.
Portland (5-2-4, 19pts) suffered just its second loss of the season on July 5, falling to Reign FC 1-0 at Providence Park. Five Thorns FC players played at Providence Park for the first time since returning from the World Cup: Andressinha, Ellie Carpenter, Caitlin Foord, Hayley Raso and Christine Sinclair. Entering Sunday's match, Thorns FC have earned at least one point in five of their last six matches. During that span, Portland has posted three shutouts, while outscoring its opponents, 7-3.
Thorns FC have posted a record of 5-2-3 in their last 10 regular-season home matches. Portland has scored at least one goal in eight of those 10 matches, including two or more goals in seven matches during that span. Since 2016, Thorns FC have a record of 26-6-6 at Providence Park, outscoring teams 75-34 in those matches.
Sunday's match marks the 10th regular-season meeting between Portland and Orlando. Thorns FC are 7-1-1 all-time with a record of 3-1-0 at Providence Park. Portland has won three consecutive games against the Pride, including a pair of road wins in 2019. Thorns FC registered a 2-0 win on April 14 and a 3-1 win on May 11. In the first two matches against the Pride in 2019, four different players scored a goal (Tobin Heath, Caitlin Foord, Andressinha, Dagny Brynjarsdottir). Foord has two goals in two games against Orlando this season.
Up next, Thorns FC travel for a road match against Utah Royals FC on Friday, July 19, at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah. Beginning at 7 p.m. (Pacific), the match will be broadcast on Yahoo! Sports.
Single-game tickets and annual memberships on sale for 2019 season
Single-game tickets for Thorns FC's remaining home matches for the 2019 season at Providence Park are available now.
Fans can purchase tickets for the team's regular-season home matches by calling (888) 983-1783 or online here. Additionally, fans can purchase tickets at the Providence Park box office, which is open Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Pacific), Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Pacific) and will be closed on Sunday-Tuesday, unless it is a matchday at Providence Park.
Group opportunities for Thorns FC matches are available by contacting the ticket office at (503) 553-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional group information can be found here.
Fans interested in purchasing Thorns FC Annual Memberships for the 2019 season are encouraged to call the ticket office at (503) 553-5555 or email email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Utah Royals FC Returns to Action against Sky Blue FC - Utah Royals FC
- Thorns FC Weekly Update: July 11, 2019 - Portland Thorns FC
- Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Return Home for Their Second Meeting against Utah Royals FC - Sky Blue FC
- NC Courage Host Reign FC in Battle of Top Two NWSL Teams - North Carolina Courage
- Washington Spirit Announce Wegmans Sponsorship for First Responders Night - Washington Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Thorns FC Stories
- Thorns FC Earn Point on the Road with 2-2 Draw against Utah Royals FC
- Thorns FC Weekly Update: July 18, 2019
- Timbers, Thorns FC, T2 Team up with Local Partners to Present Eighth-Annual Stand Together Week July 28-August 3
- Thorns FC Rally in Second-Half Stoppage Time to Earn 4-3 Win against Orlando Pride
- Thorns FC Weekly Update: July 11, 2019