Thorns FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Six Players
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Thorns FC today announced that the club has exercised the 2021 contract options on six players and extended new contract offers to eight players.
The players whose options were exercised for the 2021 season are: Celeste Boureille, Britt Eckerstrom, Marissa Everett, Kelli Hubly, Meghan Klingenberg and Christen Westphal.
Natalia Kuikka, Meaghan Nally, Rocky RodrÃguez, Sophia Smith and Morgan Weaver are under contract for the 2021 season. Nally is currently on loan at Turbine Potsdam in Germany.
Bella Bixby, Simone Charley, Tyler Lussi, Emily Menges, Emily Ogle, Madison Pogarch, Angela Salem and Gabby Seiler have been extended new contract offers for the upcoming season.
Autumn Smithers was on a short-term contract for the Fall Series and has not been extended a bona fide offer. She is now Discovery eligible.
Canadian international Christine Sinclair and U.S. internationals Crystal Dunn, Adrianna Franch, Lindsey Horan and Becky Sauerbrunn also remain on the roster. Portland retains the rights to Tobin Heath, who is currently playing for Manchester United in England.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from October 30, 2020
- Washington Spirit Announce End of Year Roster Statuses Entering 2020-21 Offseason - Washington Spirit
- North Carolina Courage Announce Roster Update Following 2020 Season - North Carolina Courage
- Thorns FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Six Players - Portland Thorns FC
- OL Reign Delivers Roster Update After Fall Series - OL Reign
- Chicago Offers Contracts or Exercises Options for All 23 Players - Chicago Red Stars
- Thorns FC Defender Katherine Reynolds Announces Retirement - Portland Thorns FC
- Sky Blue FC Announces End of Year Roster Statuses Entering 2020-21 Offseason - Sky Blue FC
- Orlando Pride Announces 2020 End of Season Roster Statuses - Orlando Pride
- Utah Royals FC Announces Options and New Player Agreements for 2021 - Utah Royals FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Thorns FC Stories
- Racing Louisville FC Select Rights to Midfielder Tobin Heath in NWSL Expansion Draft
- Thorns FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Six Players
- Thorns FC Defender Katherine Reynolds Announces Retirement
- Thorns FC Sign Defender Natalia Kuikka
- Thorns FC Acquire Midfielder Crystal Dunn