Utah Royals FC Announces Options and New Player Agreements for 2021
SANDY, Utah - Utah Royals FC announced today that the club will retain the rights to 26 players from this year's roster heading into the 2021 National Women's Soccer League season.
DF Kelley O'Hara from the U.S. National Team and Canadian National Team members MF Diana Matheson and MF Desiree Scott all remain on the current roster. The list of allocated players for the 2021 season will not be finalized until a later date. Meanwhile, Scotish DF Rachel Corise signed a contract extension earlier this year and will remain with the club.
The club has also extended new contracts to GK Abby Smith, DF Michelle Maemone, DF Maddie Nolf, DF Gaby Vincent, MF Vero Boquete, FW Brittany Ratcliffe, FW Amy Rodriguez, FW Arielle Ship, FW Raisa Strom-Okimoto and FW Michele Vasconcelos.
In addition, URFC exercised options for GK Nicole Barnhart, DF Elizabeth Ball, DF Katie Bowen, DF Kate Del Fava, DF Taylor Leach, DF Mallory Weber, MF Gunny Jónsdóttir, MF Lo'eau LaBonta, MF Taylor Lytle and FW Tziarra King.
GK Melissa Lowder and MF Marissa Sheva were not given new contracts and the option for MF Chestley Strother was declined. All three players are available via the waiver wire.
Additionally, Utah will retain the rights to MF Aminata Diallo, who's season-long loan ends at the end of this year, and FW Christen Press, who signed a contract with Manchester United.
After today's announcement, URFC's active roster stands as follows:
Goalkeepers (2): Nicole Barnhart, Abby Smith
Defenders (9): Elizabeth Ball, Katie Bowen, Rachel Corsie, Kate Del Fava, Taylor Leach, Michelle Maemone, Maddie Nolf, Kelley O'Hara, Gaby Vincent, Mallory Weber
Midfielders (6): Vero Boquete, Gunny Jónsdóttir, Lo'eau LaBonta, Taylor Lytle, Diana Matheson, Desiree Scott
Forwards (6): Tziarra King, Brittany Ratcliffe, Amy Rodriguez, Arielle Ship, Raisa Strom-Okimoto, Michele Vasconcelos
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from October 30, 2020
- Washington Spirit Announce End of Year Roster Statuses Entering 2020-21 Offseason - Washington Spirit
- North Carolina Courage Announce Roster Update Following 2020 Season - North Carolina Courage
- Thorns FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Six Players - Portland Thorns FC
- OL Reign Delivers Roster Update After Fall Series - OL Reign
- Chicago Offers Contracts or Exercises Options for All 23 Players - Chicago Red Stars
- Thorns FC Defender Katherine Reynolds Announces Retirement - Portland Thorns FC
- Sky Blue FC Announces End of Year Roster Statuses Entering 2020-21 Offseason - Sky Blue FC
- Orlando Pride Announces 2020 End of Season Roster Statuses - Orlando Pride
- Utah Royals FC Announces Options and New Player Agreements for 2021 - Utah Royals FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- RSL's Aaron Herrera Called up to USMNT for Friendly
- Real Salt Lake Announces Departure of Utah Royals FC General Manager Stephanie Lee
- Utah Soccer LLC Transfers Ownership of Utah Royals FC to Group in Kansas City, Kansas
- Utah Royals FC Receives Allocation Money in Exchange for Kelley O'Hara
- Tziarra King and Raisa Strom-Okimoto Share Humanitarian of the Year Award