Thomas Johnston Signs with 67's
OTTAWA - The Ottawa 67's have signed prospect Thomas Johnston, the club announced Thursday.
The 5-foot-7, 149-pound left winger was selected by the 67's in the third round, 52nd overall, in this year's OHL Priority Selection Draft.
Johnston averaged more than a point per game for his Whitby Wildcats last season, scoring 21 goals and 49 assists for 70 points in just 36 games.
"Thomas is a very intelligent player who distributes the puck as well as any player in the age group," said 67's General Manager James Boyd. "Thomas' commitment improves the speed and skill in our line-up moving forward."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 9, 2019
- OHL Championship Series - Game 5 Preview: Guelph Storm at Ottawa 67's - Guelph Storm
- Thomas Johnston Signs with 67's - Ottawa 67's
- Wolves' Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen voted Red Tilson Trophy winner as OHL's Most Outstanding Player of the Year - OHL
- Attack Coaching Staff to Return for 2019-2020 OHL Season - Owen Sound Attack
- 2019 Second Round Selection Justin O'Donnell Commits to the Sarnia Sting - Sarnia Sting
- Brand New Series as Comeback Kids Strike Again - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ottawa 67's Stories
- Barber Poles Rally to Defeat Frontenacs in High-Scoring Affair
- 67's Win Big at Home on Toonie Beer Night
- Hoelscher and Quinn Collect Three Points Each in 67's 4-3 Loss to Kitchener
- Andree Shines But 67's Fall to Knights
- 67's Continue Extra-Time Dominance with 5-4 Win over Windsor Spitfires