Attack Coaching Staff to Return for 2019-2020 OHL Season
The Owen Sound Attack announced today that their coaching staff will return for the 2019-20 OHL Season.
Head Coach Alan Letang, Assistant Coach Jordan Hill, and Assistant Coach/Assistant General Manager Joey Hishon will be back behind the bench for another season in the Scenic City.
In January, Letang became Interim Head Coach after serving as assistant coach for two and a half seasons under Ryan McGill and Todd Gill. Attack General Manager Dale DeGray is happy with what he's seen: "In my thirteen years with the Owen Sound Attack, I think this is the best group of coaches we've had from top to bottom." He added "Alan, Jordan and Joey have been great to work with and even better with our team. We're looking forward to a very successful season with this group."
Letang is excited to shed the interim title and get back to work with his young core: "I'm excited for the challenge and to build what we started working on last year. We're a young team, we're learning how to work hard and compete night in and night out and I think we're going to be really successful that way."
Assistant Coach Hill has been an important part of the team's coaching staff since 2017, bringing experience, skill and leadership to the Attack bench. Prior to his coaching career, Hill was the captain of the Norfolk Admirals of the ECHL and the Sarnia Sting of the OHL.
Club legend Joey Hishon will begin his first full season behind the bench with the Attack, having prior experience as a skills coach and scout for the organization. Hishon ranks 5th all time in career points for Owen Sound and returned to the city after a professional career with stops in the NHL and Europe. In a dual role as Assistant Coach/General Manager, Hishon will continue to work closely with Letang and DeGray.
The coaching staff will be in Owen Sound for the Attack Awards BBQ & Banquet on Sunday, June 9th.
The Early Bird Deadline for Season Ticket Renewals is May 31st. Renew now for the best price on your season tickets for the 2019-20 OHL season! Visit the MacVicar & McComb Remax Attack Box Office or call 519-371-7452 today.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 9, 2019
- OHL Championship Series - Game 5 Preview: Guelph Storm at Ottawa 67's - Guelph Storm
- Thomas Johnston Signs with 67's - Ottawa 67's
- Wolves' Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen voted Red Tilson Trophy winner as OHL's Most Outstanding Player of the Year - OHL
- Attack Coaching Staff to Return for 2019-2020 OHL Season - Owen Sound Attack
- 2019 Second Round Selection Justin O'Donnell Commits to the Sarnia Sting - Sarnia Sting
- Brand New Series as Comeback Kids Strike Again - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Matt Philip the Huron Tractor 'Milestone' Attacker of the Week
- Attack Can't Solve Dugas, Fall 3-1 to Frontenacs
- Late Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Storm
- Late Comeback Not Enough for Attack in 8-5 Loss to Colts
- Attack & Law Enforcement Torch Run Team up to Raise Funds & Awareness for Special Olympics Ontario