Thomas Casey Named QMJHL Forward of the Month
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced it's Players of the Month for February, and a member of the Charlottetown Islanders was recognized. Charlottetown native Thomas Casey was recognized as the league's Forward of the Month.
On his accomplishments, the QMJHL wrote: The Charlottetown Islanders lead the league in goals scored by a sizeable margin and hometown hero Thomas Casey has played a key factor in that development. The 20-year-old registered a point in each of the nine February games he played in, including multiple points in seven of those contests. On February 17th and 20th, against Halifax and Cape Breton, respectively, the fourth-year veteran enjoyed a pair of four-point games.
Held off the scoresheet just twice so far this campaign, Casey sits second in the league scoring derby. His 49 points, produced in just 25 games, already represent a new career high for the 2019 Detroit Red Wings training camp invitee.
In addition, Cedric Desruisseaux was named an honourable mention for the distinction:
The only player separating Casey from the "Q" scoring lead is his linemate, Cedric Desruisseaux. The 20-year-old from Victoriaville, Quebec, who has also posted career highs in goals (28) and points (51) through 25 games, is on a 10-game point streak of his own, highlighted by a career-best five-point night against Halifax back on February 17th.
Finally, Colten Ellis was recognized as an honourable mention for the QMJHL's Goaltender of the Month, finishing as a runner-up to Chicoutimi Sageuneens netminder Alexis Shank:
It's been a banner year for the 20-year-old from Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Currently the league leader in wins (16) and shutouts (5), Ellis sits with 16 career whitewashes, just one behind Philippe Cadorette's league record. Not to be outdone, the fourth-year veteran began March by signing an entry-level contract with the St. Louis Blues.
We'd like to congratulate Thomas, Cedric, and Colten on their recognition from the QMJHL!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2021
- Thomas Casey Named QMJHL Forward of the Month - Charlottetown Islanders
- BMO Wildcats Alumni Update - March 2 - Moncton Wildcats
- QMJHL Players of the Month Named for February 2021 - QMJHL
- Sea Dogs Return to Play Schedule Released - Saint John Sea Dogs
- March Game Schedule Announced - Moncton Wildcats
- New Brunswick Schedule Announced - QMJHL
- William Trudeau Named Academic Player of the Month for February - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Maritimes Division Final to Move to Shawinigan
- Ellis and Desruisseaux Named QMJHL Players of the Month for April
- Isles Close out Regular Season in Style with 9-4 Victory over Moose
- Isles Return to Full Strength in Much-Anticipated Final Matchup with Moose
- Isles Put Damper on Final Night of Eagles' Season with 3-2 Victory