TFC and San Jose Involved in Trade
Toronto FC announced Monday that they have acquired allocation money, and an International roster slot for the remainder of the 2008 season through 2013 from the San Jose Earthquakes. In return, the expansion team receives the rights to forward Darren Huckerby.
"We had Huckerby here for a couple of days, but he's decided to test the waters in San Jose," said manager, director of soccer Mo Johnston. "However, we've been able to acquire some allocation money and an international slot for our team which will serve us well as we continue to build our team."
The English born player's rights were owned by Toronto FC after the club filed a Discovery on him earlier in the season. The acquisition of another International slot brings the team's total to 18.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 14, 2008
- 'Quakes weekly update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Wizards weekly update - Sporting Kansas City
- Fire weekly update - Chicago Fire
- MLS Weekly Newsletter - July 14, 2008 - MLS
- RSL weekly update - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Waive Midfielder Joe Vide - San Jose Earthquakes
- Santos Laguna arrives today ahead of Wednesday's crucial match vs. Chivas USA - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Kansas City Wizards Acquire Allocation Money from San Jose Earthquakes for Forward Scott Sealy - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Sign English Forward Darren Huckerby and Add MLS Veteran Forward Scott Sealy - San Jose Earthquakes
- TFC and San Jose Involved in Trade - Toronto FC
- Cuauhtemoc Blanco Statement - Chicago Fire
- Revolution News - New England Revolution
- Revolution Make Transactions - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.