Tennessee Valley assigned Louisiana Tech lineman Lindsey, UNA product Oti
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Tennessee Valley Vipers have added some serious size to their offensive line heading into Saturday night's 7:35 game against Florida at the Von Braun Center.
Former Louisiana Tech standout Marcus Lindsey, a 6-foot-7, 385-pound lineman, has been assigned to the Vipers by arenafootball2. Tennessee Valley placed Ira Watley on reassignment to make room for Lindsey, who started 33 career games for the Bulldogs from 2003-06.
The Vipers also were assigned former Lee High star and UNA product Kem Oti, who had 5.5 tackles and one forced fumble in three late games for Tennessee Valley last season.
"I don't call Marcus 'Mr. Lindsey', I call him 'Mountain Lindsey,'' Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos said. "He's a big man with quick feat and tremendous talent.
"Oti was in camp with us in March and is a tough, team player. He's stepping in at an important time for us."
Furthermore: The first 1,500 fans 14-and-under through the gate Saturday will receive a Kids Jersey compliments of Huntsville Hospital and WHNT 19. In addition, the first 2,000 fans will receive Krispy Kreme trading cards that will feature Theodosatos, defensive lineman Matt Jirges, kicker Steven Lee and defensive back Tony Graham.
In The Game: Episode No. 8 of "In the Game: The Story of the Tennessee Valley Vipers" will air Sunday at 10 p.m. on Fox 54. The show is an inside look at the Vipers told by the coaches, players and staff and is sponsored by Infiniti Huntsville and produced by DreamMaker Entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 8, 2007
- Bossier-Shreveport defeats Alabama, 49-32 - Alabama Steeldogs
- Week 11 af2 Saturday night matchups - af2
- Wolves Win 47-35 Over Conquest - Manchester Wolves
- af2 Alumni To Impact Upcoming AFL Matchup - af2
- Men's Night this Saturday at the Sharks Game - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Firecats Announce Football & Cheer Camps - Florida Firecats
- Tennessee Valley assigned Louisiana Tech lineman Lindsey, UNA product Oti - Alabama Vipers
- Talons Cheerleaders Perform On and Off the Field - Tulsa Talons