Teddy Bear Toss Is Back at the Brandt Centre Friday
Regina, Sask. - The fan-favourite Teddy Bear Toss Night presented by Global Regina is back on the calendar for Friday, December 10 at the Brandt Centre. Fans are asked to bring a new stuffed toy, blanket or pairs of socks - inside a clean plastic bag - to benefit kids and families served by the local Salvation Army. Plastic bags will be available at the door.
When the Pats score their first goal of the night, fans will throw their donation onto the ice surface, where volunteers and players will assist in gathering them.
"It's definitely one of the highlights of the year," said Pats captain Logan Nijhoff, a veteran of the teddy bear toss. "We're able to help out children in need and hopefully give them a nice teddy bear for Christmas, so it's special for everyone. The players get amped up a little bit more for sure to get that first goal and be the teddy bear king."
This year's collected items will be heading to the Salvation Army to be used as holiday gifts for kids and families. In past years, Pats players made special deliveries of bears to the local hospitals. To be as safe as possible, this year all donations must be placed in plastic bags and will remain sealed during collection and delivery.
"This is my first Teddy Bear Toss night," Pats COO Trevor Buhnai said. "We've received lots of interest from our fans, hoping this Pats tradition would be back this season. We're excited to once again see the incredible generosity of this community on full display."
Tickets are available for the whole family to enjoy the annual Teddy Bear Toss or by calling 522-PATS.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2021
- ICE Set for 2021 WHL Drafts - Winnipeg Ice
- Winterhawks Family Set to Grow During Pair of WHL Drafts - Portland Winterhawks
- Sward Raises over $3,000 for Men's Health Through Movember - Spokane Chiefs
- Chiefs Prepare for Two Drafts, Including First Overall Pick in WHL Prospects Draft - Spokane Chiefs
- WHL Scholarships Awarded to 29 Former Chiefs for 2021-22 Academic Year - Spokane Chiefs
- Everett Silvertips Collect Franchise Record 11,096 Stuffed Animals on Teddy Bear Toss - Everett Silvertips
- 365 WHL Scholarships Awarded to Graduate Players for 2021-22 Academic Year - WHL
- Draft Week Preperation Underway - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Gameday Preview - December 7 at Brandon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Western Hockey League to Host 2021 U.S. Priority and Prospects Drafts this Week - WHL
- CHL Team of the Week Named for November 29 - December 5 - WHL
- Teddy Bear Toss Is Back at the Brandt Centre Friday - Regina Pats
- Wheat Kings, Tigers Set to Meet Again - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Eric Jamieson, Caden Zaplitny Join Silvertips Active Roster - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Prepared for Busy Week with Two Drafts Scheduled - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.