Tarantulas trade Robertson to Memphis
[Topeka, KS.] - The Topeka Tarantulas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that the club has acquired the rights to defenseman Jeff Cameron from the Memphis RiverKings in exchange for Peter Robertson.
Cameron, a 61" 215 pound defenseman from Moncton, New Brunswick played 33 games for the RiverKings this season. In those games, he had 11 points and 28 penalty minutes. Yesterday, Cameron signed a contract with the Columbus Cottonmouths of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL). Cameron has appeared in one game for Columbus and has two points and four penalty minutes.
In exchange for Cameron, the Tarantulas dealt defenseman Peter Robertson to the RiverKings. In 34 games played for the Tarantulas, Robertson had 13 points and 22 penalty minutes.
To fill the roster spot left by Robertson, the Tarantulas signed defenseman Kevin Harris off waivers from the Oklahoma City Blazers. In 15 games played for the Blazers, he tallied two points and 10 penalty minutes.
Harris will be in the lineup tonight and will be wearing number four.
The Tarantulas are on the road tonight to take on the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs at 7:05 pm. Listen to all the action live on 1490 AM KTOP Topeka or on the Tarantulas website at www.topekatarantulas.com/broadcast/
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2005
- Eagles Fly Past Bees 5-1 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tarantulas activate Flaman, waive Bull - Topeka Tarantulas
- RiverKings game-day preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL grants Young emergency leave of absence - Mississippi RiverKings
- Medley Back In Line-Up For Saints - San Angelo Saints
- Bucks To Honor Fallen Laredo Soldier - Laredo Bucks
- Oakley CHL Player & Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Second half of Rayz season begins tonight - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Carroll Called Up to AHL - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- 2005 Dodge CHL All-Star Game On FSN Tonight At 7 p.m. - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado @ Rio Grande Valley Game Night Preview - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings trade rights to defenseman Jeff Cameron to Topeka - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tarantulas trade Robertson to Memphis - Topeka Tarantulas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.