Tarantulas Sign Goaltender St. Germain
[TOPEKA, K.S.] - The Topeka Tarantulas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that the club has signed goaltender David St. Germain.
St. Germain, a 5'11" 185 pound goaltender, from Brossard, Quebec played last season in the ECHL for the Charlotte Checkers and in the American Hockey League (AHL) with the Hartford Wolf Pack. In 40 games for the Checkers, St. Germain had a 14-16-5 record with a 3.19 goals against average and a .903 save percentage. St. Germain played one game with the Hartford Wolf Pack last season.
"Our sources tell us he will be a top flight goaltender in the Central Hockey League." Player/Assistant Coach Troy Mann continued, "Our goal this off-season was to build our team from the goalie out. We've done an extensive search to find a number one goalie and now we feel we've found our guy."
St. Germain signed a three year contract with the New York Islanders in 2000 following three years in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). St. Germain played in the Islanders organization for the Trenton Titans in the ECHL and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League (AHL) for two seasons (2001/02-2002/03). In 68 games played with the Islanders organization, he posted a combined 32-23-10 record with a 2.65 goals against average and a .907 save percentage.
"I played three years in the ECHL and I needed a new challenge. Topeka gives me the best chance to do that. I want to come in to a new team and contribute by helping the team win as many games as possible this season." St. Germain continued on what the fans can expect, "I am not afraid to challenge players. I have quick reflexes and play good games on a regular basis."
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 17, 2004
- RiverKings to sponsor first charity golf tourney - Mississippi RiverKings
- The Rat is Back - New Mexico Scorpions
- Kralj Re-Signs With Killer Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bob & Willie Come to Wichita's Lawrence Dumont Stadium - Wichita Thunder
- Tarantulas Sign Goaltender St. Germain - Topeka Tarantulas
- Youth Hockey registration this weekend - Amarillo Gorillas
- Saints Add Developmental Talent - San Angelo Saints
- Rookie winger signed by Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.