Rookie winger signed by Brahmas
Fort Worth- Another new face has been signed by the Fort Worth Brahmas, as rookie right wing Caleb Moffat agreed to contract terms with the club on Monday afternoon.
Moffat, 21, will come to Fort Worth after spending his 2003-2004 season with the Prince George Spruce Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL). With the Spruce Kings, Moffat produced 10 points (5G/5A) and 173 penalty minutes in 21 games of play.
Before his stint in Prince George, Moffat played two years (2001-2003) with Baie-Comeau Drakkar of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). Moffat, 60, 185, made his mark with Baie-Comeau, scoring five points (3G/2A) while piling up 432 penalty minutes in 89 games skated for Drakkar.
A native of Peach Tree City, Georgia, Moffat does have a bit of CHL experience. He began the 2003-2004 season in training camp with the Laredo Bucks before being released by the Bucks after the club was assigned players from their AHL affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage.
Fort Worth head coach Al Sims has high hopes for Moffat.
"Caleb is an agressive, hard-nosed, gritty player. Obviously he brings toughness to the table, but from all accounts, he is a well-rounded player who can play a regular shift. We'll see how he looks in our training camp," Sims stated.
Moffat is the fourteenth player signed by the Brahmas for the 2004-2005 season and the fourth rookie on the clubs current roster.
The Brahmas will open their eighth season in franchise history and their fourth in the CHL on October 22, 2004 when they play in Bossier-Shreveport against the Mudbugs. Fort Worths home opener will be on Saturday, October 30, 2004 at the Fort Worth Convention Center, also against the Mudbugs. Season tickets for the 2004-2005 season are on sale now. For more information, please contact the Brahmas office at (817) 336-4423.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 17, 2004
- RiverKings to sponsor first charity golf tourney - Mississippi RiverKings
- The Rat is Back - New Mexico Scorpions
- Kralj Re-Signs With Killer Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bob & Willie Come to Wichita's Lawrence Dumont Stadium - Wichita Thunder
- Tarantulas Sign Goaltender St. Germain - Topeka Tarantulas
- Youth Hockey registration this weekend - Amarillo Gorillas
- Saints Add Developmental Talent - San Angelo Saints
- Rookie winger signed by Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.