Tarantulas sign Dora
[TOPEKA, KS.] - The Topeka Tarantulas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that the club has signed forward Lukas Dora.
Dora, a 5'10" 180 pound forward from Lednice, Czech Republic played the last four seasons with the University of Denver. In those years (2000/01-2003/04), he recorded 97 points and 177 penalty minutes in 153 games played for the Pioneers. Dora was also a member of the Pioneers National Championship team last season. He played three games this season for the Reading Royals of the ECHL, where he had 2 penalty minutes in 3 games played.
Dora will be in the lineup tonight and will be wearing number 11.
The Tarantulas play host to the New Mexico Scorpions tonight at 7:35 pm. The first 1,500 kids, 12 and under, will receive Tarantulas jerseys, courtesy of V100 and the Topeka-Capital Journal.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2004
- Sterling, Brahmas stuns Jackalopes - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings score five goals in ending four game losing streak - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tarantuals lose close battle to Scorpions - Topeka Tarantulas
- Rayz beat Ice Bats 4-3 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bees Blasted 5-1 by Memphis - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tarantulas announce charity Bowl-A-Rama - Topeka Tarantulas
- RiverKings read up on helping youngsters get a book of their very own - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tarantulas sign Dora - Topeka Tarantulas
- Game Night Preview - Memphis @ Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.